Academic Advising

There are five options available to get individual advising:

  1. The Majors Requirements and Recommended Paths: These links can serve as an “Electronic Advisor” for most questions concerning required courses and when to take them.
  2. Office of Undergraduate Studies in Biological Sciences, 101 Life Sciences Building: To schedule an advising session, call 225 578-5224 to make an appointment with Dr. Donze.
  3. Research Faculty: If you work in a faculty member’s research laboratory, ask the faculty member if he/she is willing to act as your academic advisor.
  4. Classroom Faculty: If you have a favorite Biological Sciences professor, ask him/her if he/she would be willing to act as your advisor.
  5. College of Science, 124 Hatcher Hall (225-578-4200): Counselors in the College of Science can help you with meeting degree requirements, residency requirements, graduation issues and keeping your degree audit current and correct.