Mardi Gras Safety
- Travel in groups to and from parking spots and be aware of your surroundings. Make a plan to meet up if you become separated.
- Do not leave anything in plain sight of your vehicle. Place valuables in trunk or back area of your SUV.
- Carry valuables (ID, keys, cash) in your front pockets. Avoid carrying bulky purses or wearing expensive jewelry.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Have a ride app already downloaded with all of your information entered in the event you need a ride back to your hotel/home.
- Let someone know where you are at all times!
- The legal drinking age is 21. Be safe if you choose to drink. Set a reasonable limit for yourself and alternate with water to stay hydrated.
- Drink only beverages that you watch the bartender prepare in front of you. Do NOT leave your drink unattended or accept a drink from anyone.
- Check the weather forecast and dress accordingly.
- Stay in well-lit areas and avoid dark streets/alleys.
- If you get separated from your friends, find the nearing law enforcement officer.
- Be sure to stand behind barricades and do not walk behind floats during a parade.
- Try to avoid using an ATM, especially at night.
- Be sure the LSU Shield app is downloaded, as it will work anywhere!