You should have a game plan. Visit https://www.getagameplan.org/ for more information about hurricane preparedness.
LSU Res Life will communicate options with campus residents. LSU Emergency Operations will monitor forecasts and communicate decisions as appropriate in coordination with state and local emergency preparedness officials.
- Move to a basement or ground floor center hall of a building.
- Close doors and windows if possible.
- Crouch or sit in an inner hall or room.
- Do not use elevators.
- Stay away from windows and doors with glass panes.
- Do not leave the tornado safety area until you hear from emergency personnel or other responsible individuals.
- Do not attempt to enter your vehicle unless it is a last resort.