Safety Tips When Driving/Parking:
- Always lock your car.
- Never leave windows down while vehicle is unattended.
- Do not leave valuables visible inside your vehicle. Lock the items in the trunk or back area of SUV.
- Keep gas tank over 1/2 full at all times.
- Always pay attention to where you park; avoid coming back to a parking lot and having to take time to find where you parked your vehicle.
- When walking back to your vehicle, be aware of your surroundings.
- Have your keys ready and available before heading to your vehicle.
- Do not hit the unlock button until you are close to your vehicle.
- Check the back seat/rear area before getting into your vehicle.
- Close and lock your doors as soon as you get into your vehicle.
- If it is dark out, park near a light.
- NEVER offer a ride to someone you don't know or someone you barely know.
- If you suspect that you are being followed, dial 911 and drive to a police/fire station or open place of business.
- Do not stop to help occupants of a stopped or disabled vehicle. Dial 911 so that the proper authorities may be dispatched to help.