Earn Course Credit While Working for LSU Athletics!
LSU’s Manship School of Mass Communication and LSU Athletics are partnering to offer an unparalleled experiential learning opportunity: earn course credit while gaining sports communication experience working with LSU Athletics.
These three-semester positions provide internship credits the first two semesters and a field experience credit the third semester. Positions are available for Manship School juniors and seniors, and the program will take applicants on a rolling basis each semester.
These positions offer Manship School sophomores, juniors and seniors the ability to work on projects such as social media, writing, video production, marketing and more in the following positions during the 2019-20 school year:
Communications Student Assistant (Two positions open)
- Media relations for the LSU Athletics program, with an emphasis on day-to-day operations and events — includes working events, coordinating interviews, writing game notes and recaps/previews
Student Reporter (Two positions open)
- Emphasis on writing feature stories on student athletes and coaches across a variety of sports, particularly unique stories which have not yet been told; considerable flexibility, involves pitching stories for website and social media
Broadcast Production Student Assistant (One position open)
- Involves producing live events from control room for the SEC network—includes replays, graphics, technical direction
Video Production Student Assistant (Two positions open)
- Works with coaches’ shows, producing features and content for those shows as well as highlight videos and “Week in Review” videos that will be featured on website and social media
Creative Digital Content
Creative Content Student Assistant (Two positions open)
- Create short (30-60 second) videos for social media and recruiting; lots of leeway and flexibility with an emphasis on creativity
Marketing Student Assistant (Two positions open)
- Working on advertisements and promotion across sports and digital platforms; emphasis on creative messaging to target audiences
Fan Engagement Student Assistant (Two positions open)
- Event-driven work that includes preparation during the lead-up to the competition; focus on everything that happens in-venue outside of the game itself
To apply for these positions, e-mail your resume and desired position by August 14, 2019 to Manship School student engagement coordinator Chelsea Rainwater at email@example.com.