Are you a current LSU student looking to get a head start on your coursework? Or have you been out of school for a while and are considering returning to the university to obtain skills-based coursework or a degree?
Summer online courses cover the same information and are taught by the same professors as those held on campus. Enrolled students also receive the same quality of advising and support. And in an effort to make summer study more affordable, LSU is offering a 15 percent discount on tuition and fees for the majority of summer courses, including intersession. This discount applies to in-state and out-of-state students. These discounts don't apply to LSU Online fully online students as they are not currently charged those on-campus fees.
Offered in a compressed timeframe, online summer courses offer you many benefits:
- Graduate faster and enter the professional world, thereby earning a salary sooner.
- Take a challenging course head-on, without the usual stresses of a regular semester load.
- Stay connected with the campus community, including faculty members who could end up becoming long-term mentors.
- Concentrate more completely on one or two classes to raise your GPA.
- Secure a place in a popular class that might usually have a waiting list.
- Receive more individualized attention from faculty because of smaller classes and fewer students.
- Enjoy the ease of learning from the comfort of home, with no traffic and no commute.
- Catch up on earning credits if you have changed majors midway through your degree.
- Earn additional credits toward a double major while still graduating when you planned.
- Earn credits that might transfer elsewhere, especially if you’re only returning home to Baton Rouge for the summer.
- Expedite your educational timeline and possibly roll over TOPS funding toward professional degree programs.
Register for Courses
Talk to your advisor about what summer courses work best for you, and register for classes by June 11. For more information on 2020 registration and payments, visit the Bursar's site.
Current LSU Students
All current LSU students can register for summer courses through their myLSU portal.
Not an LSU Student?
Apply today and speak to an advisor about getting started on coursework.
A 15 percent tuition and fee exemption will be available for undergraduate and graduate students (resident and nonresident) for spring and summer intersessions and the regular summer term. The program fee for MBA and DMAE programs and individual course fees (e.g., lab fees, chemistry breakage fee deposit, etc.) are not included in this 15 percent exemption. The LSU Law Center will exempt 100 percent of building use fees, 100 percent of mandatory fees, and 50 percent of operational fees for summer law courses. LSU Online and Continuing Education coursework is not included in this exemption.