Stay tuned for more details about the next LSPA Summer Institute. You can always schedule a tour with us at any time of the year! Our tours offer an opportunity to connect with us one-on-one; meet some of our staff, faculty and Student Media leaders; and learn what it's like to be a student at the Manship School. Email email@example.com for more information.
Spend the Summer at the Manship School
Housed at LSU’s Manship School of Mass Communication, the Louisiana Scholastic Press Association (LSPA) Summer Institute prepares high school sophomores, juniors, seniors and incoming LSU students to tell the world’s stories through media.
Our mission is to equip students with advanced skills in journalism, digital media, broadcast reporting, public relations, advertising and more.
Build your skills in...
- Video Editing
- Graphic Design
- Writing & Editing
- Social Media & Digital Advertising
What will I be doing?
- Learn the fundamentals of writing, broadcast and digital journalism, graphic design, video production, social media and more
- Take field trips to professional media organizations
- Discover new techniques to improve your digital storytelling skills
Who can attend?
- High school sophomores, juniors, seniors and incoming college freshmen interested in mass communication, journalism and/or students involved in their student newspaper, yearbook, broadcast or digital news programs
Where will I stay?
- Living-learning residential halls on LSU’s Baton Rouge campus
- Most meals will take place in LSU’s dining halls
- LSU faculty and staff closely supervise all activities
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.