Join Us for an Educational, Informative & Entertaining Conference!
The Louisiana Scholastic Press Association (LSPA) Conference is an innovative educational event that is organized each year by the LSU Manship School of Mass Communication and is held at the LSU Student Union on the Baton Rouge campus. Hundreds of students and media advisers from across the state, participate in the half-day conference, which is designed to improve student media at the high school level. We feature several sponsors every year as well. Businesses interested in sponsoring this event should request sponsorship information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2023 LSPA Conference will be held Friday, March 10, 2023.
- TIME: 8 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. (Check-In starts at 8 a.m. Conference starts at 9 a.m.)
- LOCATION: LSU Student Union, Baton Rouge, LA 70803
- Special welcome from Manship School administration and faculty
- Workshops conducted by Manship School faculty on writing, digital storytelling, photography, videography, interviewing tips and ethics
- Awards Luncheon for 2023 LSPA Yearbook, Newspaper and Broadcast Contests
- Tour of LSU Student Media
- LSPA t-shirt
- Advisers roundtable discussion, offering teachers and advisers an opportunity to share ideas for both student instruction and the future of LSPA
- Complete registration online for LSPA 2023 (membership, conference participation and t-shirt order form) and Student Media Competition.
- The deadline to complete conference registration, postmark payment and submit contest entries (submission details in Student Media Competition online registration) is January 23, 2023.
- A one-time payment of $30 provides membership for all your school's student media for the 2023 calendar year, as well as a discounted conference rate. LSPA membership is required for entry into the Student Media Competition.
- Conference registration for non-members is $30 per person. LSPA members receive a discounted rate of $25 per person. Per-person rates apply for students and advisers.
- The LSPA student media competition is composed of three contests. Visit https://www.lsu.edu/manship/about/educational-resources/student-competitions.php for details.
- Newspaper Contest: $30 flat rate for entry; $5 per entry.
- Yearbook Contest: $75 flat rate.
- Broadcast Contest: $30 flat rate for entry; $5 per entry.
Preferred payment: School check, school board-issued check or money order.
Checks should be made out to LSPA and mailed with your LSPA Checklist to:
LSPA c/o Kyrin Lewis
LSU Manship School of Mass Communication
211 Journalism Building
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.