Rules & Guidelines for LSU Departments & Student Organizations
All LSU affiliated departments, units, or registered student organizations are welcome to register for a booth at Fall Fest. The most successful and well-trafficked booths are creative and interactive. They draw students in to try, ask, watch, and explore. A booth that combines entertainment with information will ultimately be a memorable one for everyone. We ask that any LSU affiliated department, unit, or registered student organization interested in participating in LSU Fall Fest adhere to the following rules and guidelines:
- Each registered department/organization will be provided one (1) 8’ long table and two (2) folding chairs in a designated 10’x10’ area on the Parade Ground for the duration of Fall Fest.
- Department/Organization name will be included on Fall Fest event map (also posted online).
- A designated loading and unloading area for vehicles near the Parade Ground (quick drop off zone, not long term event parking).
- Department/Organization cannot extend flags, banners, or any signage beyond eight (8) feet into the air (bottom edge of a 10’x10’ pop up tent).
- Cannot stake into ground to hold down tents, banners, or other items, may be weighted down through other means that do not pierce the turf.
- Departments/organizations are not allowed to partner with third-party entities for a booth/exhibit/activity at Fall Fest, unless the third party vendor is a registered and approved sponsor at the Purple Sponsorship level or above (Gold or Presenting).
- The sale of any item, product, service, good, or material is strictly prohibited.
- The creation or use of a dressing room within the 10’x10’ space is strictly prohibited.
- The recruitment of individuals for employment is strictly prohibited.
- All department/organization exhibits must ensure giveaways and activities comply with LSU Policy Statement 19: Environmental Health & Safety.
- Attending members from departments/organizations are not allowed to smoke or use any tobacco product while on the LSU Campus, as outlined in LSU Policy Statement 118: Tobacco-free Campus. Any individual violating this policy may be asked to leave campus.
- Attending members from departments/organizations are not allowed to have possession of or place on display firearms and other dangerous weapons while on the LSU Campus, as outlined in LSU Policy Statement 96: Firearm Policy. Any individual violating this policy may be asked to leave campus.
- Attending members from departments/organizations must not possess or consume any alcoholic drinks or other illicit substances while on the LSU Campus, as outlined in LSU Policy Statement 78: Serving, Possessing, and Consuming of Alcoholic Beverages on Campus. Individuals violating this policy may be asked to leave campus.
- Golf carts and other motorized vehicles are not permitted on the Parade Ground during Fall Fest, except those used by Fall Fest staff, emergency personnel, and for student & staff who need assistance with mobility and authorized by LSU Disability Services.
- Help make this a “green” Fall Fest by utilizing the recycling bins available when you tear down your exhibit and place all of your trash in the appropriate containers. Please encourage and educate Fall Fest attendees to use these recycling areas.
- Promotional items purchased with state funds will need an approved PUR-522 and purchased in accordance with rules set forth by Finance and Administration.
- Departments/organizations, may only provide food that is pre-packaged and individually wrapped. Alternately, you may place a catering order through LSU Dining or an approved LSU Licensed Caterer to provide food within your designated area.
- May only hand out items within and immediately in front of designated stationary 10’x10’ area provided. Walking around event and handing out materials is not permissible.
- Fall Fest is an outdoor rain or shine event. Due to the size and scope of Fall Fest, it cannot be relocated to an indoor location. In the event that the forecast calls for severe weather, a decision will be made no less than 48 hours in advance to move Fall Fest to an alternate rain date. This will be communicated through an e-mail to all registered sponsors, through notification on the Fall Fest website, and on all of the Campus Life social media accounts (@lsucampuslife).
- During the event, should severe weather occur, sponsor must follow announcements from the stage and direction from the Fall Fest staff regarding weather safety decisions made during the event.