The LSU Cale P. & Katherine Smith Student Financial Management Center (SFMC) is committed to helping students create and maintain financially responsible behaviors by providing resources and educational opportunities. The SFMC endeavors to educate and empower each LSU student in making positive financial decisions and fostering healthy financial management behaviors.
The SFMC will encourage positive awareness of financial literacy and financial management through engaging workshops and programs.
- Provide financial literacy education through campus outreach
- Evaluate student financial challenges and provide applicable information
- Provide resources to help students make healthy financial decisions
- Empower LSU students through financial education
- Advising on applying, accepting, or maintaining financial aid and scholarships. Please contact LSU Financial Aid & Scholarships for information on this topic.
- Investment advice
- Selecting a financial institution
- Choosing financial planning services
- Tax advice and preparation
- Retirement planning
Schedule an Appointment
Our team is available to meet one-on-one with LSU students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
We are open 8:30 a.m. –4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, and closed on university holidays.
Click here to log in to Handshake and schedule your appointment.
You may also call 225-578-2162 or stop by our office.