Graduate and Professional Schools Fair
This new, virtual event for Fall 2020 connects students and alumni of all majors with graduate and professional schools nationwide to explore program options and learn about admission requirements and application processes.
Date: October 20, 2020
Time: 10 a.m.—2 p.m.
Location: Virtual accessed via Handshake here.
Graduate and Professional Schools Event Sponsors
Student and Alumni Event Information
Virtual events are open to current students of LSU System campuses and alumni from the Baton Rouge campus.
All Students and Alumni: See Important Pre-Event Steps in the next section below which are strongly recommended. Pre-registration is not required. You can access the event on the day-of by logging into Handshake here.
Alumni: Alumni must have an active Handshake account to access this event. If you do not already have a Handshake account, create it here.
Important Pre-Event Steps for Students and Alumni
Prior to the event, students and alumni should ensure they have a Visible résumé in Handshake and create their schedule for the event.
- Upload your résumé and mark it as Visible: At this event, employers will rely on your résumé to learn more about you beyond what can be shared during a 1:1 or Group Session. Our team has to review and approve your résumé once you upload it to Handshake. If your résumé is not set to Visible, they won't be able to view it. Learn how to upload your résumé to Handshake, then learn how to mark your résumé as Visible.
- Sign up for 1:1 and Group Sessions to meet with employers.1:1 Sessions are 10 minutes long and open to one student and one employer representative. Group Sessions are 30 minutes long and open to multiple students. Sign ups are permitted on the day of the event. Sign up for sessions by logging into Handshake to access the event page here.
Virtual Handshake Event Resources
Student Webinar: Tips for Rocking a Handshake Virtual Career Fair. Handshake experts walk through a demonstration of how to attend a virtual career fair this fall. They cover an overview of virtual fairs in Handshake, a demo of how to sign up for Sessions and navigate the event, and ways to be successful at the event.
- Log into Handshake to register for the event and select any event sponsorship options. Not a Handshake user? Create your free account today!
- Select the "Fairs" tab on the left navigation menu
- Search for this event by entering "Louisiana State University" in the search bar. All LSU open event registrations will appear for you to browse. Select the event you would like to register for and proceed with the registration form.
- Please note: Payment instructions will be sent to you via email within one week of your registration submission. Questions? Contact Courtney Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration Fee: $150.00
Elevate student awareness of your school's program while improving students’ experiences through event sponsorship!
Event Sponsor Benefits
- Virtual Career Fair Placement:
- Your organization’s logo will be placed in a Preferred Location on the virtual event page that students view. This placement will keep you top-of-mind for students browsing employers during the event. Placement is at the discretion of the LSU Olinde Career Center.
- Student Promotion:
- Your organization will be promoted as an Event Sponsor on the event web page, Handshake student and employer event pages, and in all student and employer emails promoting the event.
- Your organization will be recognized during the event as an Event Sponsor and in an @LSUCareerCenter social media post related to the event. You are also encouraged to tag @LSUCareerCenter in your social media posts and stories so that we can share onto our channels.
- Your organization will be recognized in an @LSUCareerCenter social media post following the event related to any open job postings listed in Handshake or company profile details listed in Handshake. Please ensure these details are up-to-date prior to the event date so our team can coordinate this post.
Event Sponsorship is $250.00.
*Please note that sponsorships and relevant logos received after October 9 will not be recognized on the event landing page due to design deadlines.