Construction Interviewing Day
Employers recruit Construction Management and Civil and Industrial Engineering majors and minors for full-time, part-time, internship, and co-op positions. Participating organizations will choose which students and alumni to interview from among those who submit resumes for consideration.
Please Note: There are deadlines associated with registering for Construction Interview Day. Read below for more information on CID deadlines.
Date: March 4, 2022
- 8:30 – 9:30 a.m. | Networking Hour to fill open interview slots or network
- 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. | Prescheduled Interviews, see details below to participate
Location: LSU Student Union Royal Cotillion Ballroom
Construction Interviewing Day Event Sponsors
CRH | D.R. Horton | Excel | Harvey Builders | M.R. Pittman Group | MYCON | Neal Communities
New Schools for Baton Rouge | The Newtron Group | PALA Group | Perrier Esquerre Contractors | Stoa Group
Stuart & Company General Contractors | Turner Industries Group | Vaughn Construction | Weeks Marine
This event has a variety of deadlines associated with different types interview opportunities that require pre-scheduling, including the most popular Preselect Interviews. To participate in interviews, students should review important event participation deadlines in the Student Deadlines Packet.
Attend CID Student Preparation Programs
- CID Resume Workshops
- CID Resume Drop-Ins
View Employers Attending CID
Look up the employers attending. Read up on their mission statements, curriculums, services or products they provide, or any industry trends. Then, draft questions you have about companies and opportunities. If possible, apply to any jobs you are interested in before the event.
Employers can register for events via Handshake.
- Log into Handshake to register for the event and select any event sponsorship options. Not a Handshake user? Create your free account today!
- Select the "Fairs" tab on the left navigation menu.
- Search for this event by entering "Louisiana State University" in the search bar.
All LSU open event registrations will appear for you to browse.
Select the event you would like to register for and proceed with the registration form.
- Please note: Payment instructions will be sent to you via email within one week of your registration submission. Questions? Contact Courtney Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadlines for Employers
For deadline dates associated with all schedule types (preselect, open and room only), please view the Employer Event Information Packet.
Deadlines for Pre-select to Alternate Schedules
- Interview Schedule and Job Posting Due in Handshake: February 14 by noon
- Student Application Start Date: January 18
- Student Application End Date: February 17
- Primary & Alternate Selections Due: February 21 by noon
- Primary and alternate sign up: February 23-27
- Schedules Close: February 27 at midnight
Deadlines for Room Only Schedules
Companies have the opportunity to pull resumes from Handshake on their own, and create their interview schedule for the day by directly contacting students. Employers must log into Handshake and follow these instructions to request a Room Only interview schedule and attach a job posting.
Students will submit resumes via Handshake from 1/18 to 2/17.
Job Postings will close on 2/17. After 2/17, you collect resumes outside of Handshake.
- Please review the Employer Event Information Packet for details and deadlines, coming soon.
- Make a lasting impression on students by registering as an Event Sponsor.
- Please also review the Event Refund, Cancellation, and Weather Policy.
- By registering for this event, you confirm that all employer representatives have read and agree to the information and policies on our Employer Policies page.
- Refreshments and lunch will be provided. If you have dietary needs, please note there other options in and around the LSU campus for you to explore.
7:30 a.m. | Employer Check In Opens
8:30 – 9:30 a.m. | Open Networking Hour for students to learn more about the organizations present, make contacts, and speak to employers about any interview opportunities that may still be available. This is the final opportunity for employers to make changes to CID interview schedules.
9:30 – 12 p.m. | Interviews
12 – 1 p.m. | Lunch
1 – 4:30 p.m. | Interviews
Registration Fee: $350
The only materials you need to bring are a stack of business cards and/or information about your organization.
You are welcome to bring displays that will fit within an 6-foot table display area, and a tablecloth for your table.
Popup banners are only allowed during the networking hour from 8:30–9:30 a.m.
Signage no wider than a 6ft table, personalized linens and giveaways are acceptable.
We will also have plastic tablecloths available for use if needed.
Elevate student awareness of your organization and hiring opportunities while improving students’ experiences through event sponsorship!
Your organization is located in a Preferred Placement on the event floor, based on high student traffic areas and event space availability. Placement is at the discretion of the LSU Olinde Career Center.
To further your recruiting efforts, you will receive a digital résumé packet following the event which includes resumes for all students who checked-in for the event and also have a public résumé in Handshake. For virtual events, this includes all students who registered for the virtual event, whether they scheduled a session with your team or not.
- Your organization is promoted as an Event Sponsor on the event web page, Handshake student and employer event pages, and in all student and employer emails promoting the event.
- Your organization is recognized during the event as an Event Sponsor on sponsor signage at student check-in, in the student event handout, and is pictured and tagged in an @LSUCareerCenter social media post related to the event.
Employers who register later than two weeks prior to the event (including sponsors and/or employer partners) will not be featured on the student handout, as we will have already submitted these items to be printed. PLEASE NOTE: If you do not show up for the event, you will still be required to pay.
Become an event sponsor for $500. You can sign-up to be an event sponsor during the registration process.