Construction Interviewing Day
Employers recruit students in Construction Management and Civil and Industrial Engineering for full-time, part-time, internship, and co-op positions. Participating organizations will choose which students and alumni to interview from among those who submit resumes for consideration.
Thank you to our spring 2019 event sponsors!
This event is scheduled for March 14, 2019 from 8:30am - 4:30pm in the LSU Student Union's Royal Cotillion Ballroom.
Schedule of Events:
This is an example of the event schedule:
- 8:30 AM to 9:30 AM – Interviews, pre-scheduled
- 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM - Open Networking Hour for students to learn more about the organizations present, make contacts, and speak to employers about any interview opportunities that may still be available. This is the final opportunity to make changes to your CID interview schedule.
- 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM – Interviews
- 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM - Interviews
Interview Sign Ups:
Only students who are "preselected" will be able to schedule interviews before the event date. All other students are welcome to attend the Open Networking Hour to make contacts and sign up for remaining interview opportunities. Each year, there are a number of organizations with open spots on the day of, so please consider attending this Open Networking Hour. ALL participating students should review the Spring 2019 CID Important Deadlines for Students.
Business casual attire is required; students may choose to dress in business professional attire.
To view registered employers, login to Handshake online or through the Handshake Jobs & Careers App, click the Events tab, and click the fair you would like to view. Here is a support article to walk you through this process.
Registration information is coming soon. Download the Spring 2019 CID Important Deadlines for Employers.
- Log into Handshake. Not a Handshake user? Create your free account today!
- Select the "Fairs" tab on the left navigation menu
- Search for this event by entering "Louisiana State University" in the search bar. All LSU open event registrations will appear for you to browse. Select the event you would like to register for and proceed with the registration form.
- Please note: Payment instructions will be sent to you via email within one week of your registration submission. Questions? Contact Amy Pogue, Event Coordinator, at email@example.com.
- $300 for registration
- $650 for sponsorship
- $30 per extra rep after 2
- $50 for an extra table/schedule
Interview Scheduling Deadlines
All major employers deadlines are highlighted.
Preselect to Alternate Schedule
- Interview Schedule Due in Handshake: January 22nd
- Student Application Start Date: January 23rd
- Student Application End Date: February 27th
- Primary & Alternate Selections Due: March 4th by noon
- Primary Sign Up Start: March 5th
- Alternate Sign Up Start: March 8th
- Sign Up Ends & Schedules Close: March 9th
- Interview Schedule Due in Handshake: February 20th
- Student Signup Period: February 22nd – March 9th
- Schedule Closes: March 9th
Room Only Schedule
- Final Schedule Due: March 9th
Download the Event Refund, Cancellation and Weather Policy.
Enhance your company recognition among students by becoming an event sponsor for $350. You can sign-up to be an event sponsor during the registration process. Benefits of sponsorship include:
- Prime placement at the event.
- Name and/or logo included on the event web pages for both the student and employer side, and in e-newsletters sent out to all students.
- Name and/or logo highlighted on event signage and on the student handout.