Construction Interviewing Day
Employers recruit Construction Management and Civil and Industrial Engineering majors and minors for full-time, part-time, internship, and co-op positions. Participating organizations will choose which students and alumni to interview from among those who submit resumes for consideration.
Date: Friday, October 8, 2021
- 8:30–9:30 a.m. - Networking Hour to fill open interview slots or network
- 9:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m. - Prescheduled Interviews, see details below to participate
Location: LSU Student Union Royal Cotillion Ballroom
Fall 2021 Event Sponsors
Interview Sign Ups (Pre-scheduled)
This event has a variety of deadlines associated with different types interview opportunities that require pre-scheduling, including the most popular Preselect Interviews. To participate in interviews, students should review important event participation deadlines in the Student Deadlines Packet.
Student Preparation Programs
- CID Resume Workshops, details coming soon!
- CID Resume Drop-Ins, details coming soon!
- CID Interview Preparation Workshops, details coming soon!
Business casual attire is required; students may choose to dress in business professional attire.
To view registered employers, login to Handshake online or through the Handshake Jobs & Careers App, click the Events tab, and click the fair you would like to view. View a support article to walk you through this process.
- Log into Handshake to register for the event and select any event sponsorship options. Not a Handshake user? Create your free account today!
- Select the "Fairs" tab on the left navigation menu
- Search for this event by entering "Louisiana State University" in the search bar. All LSU open event registrations will appear for you to browse. Select the event you would like to register for and proceed with the registration form.
- Please note: Payment instructions will be sent to you via email within one week of your registration submission. Questions? Contact Courtney Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Notes for Recruiters
- Please review the Employer Event Information Packet for details and deadlines.
- Make a lasting impression on students by registering as an Event Sponsor (learn more
Please also review the Event Refund, Cancellation, and Weather Policy.
- By registering for this event, you confirm that all employer representatives have read and agree to the information and policies on our Employer Policies web-page.
- Refreshments and boxed lunch will be provided. If you have dietary restrictions, please contact Courtney Edwards at email@example.com no later than two weeks before the event. Please note there other dining options in and around the LSU campus for you to explore.
- 7:30 a.m. - Employer Check In Opens
- 8:30–9:30 a.m. - Open Networking Hour for students to learn more about the organizations present, make contacts, and speak to employers about any interview opportunities that may still be available. This is the final opportunity for employers to make changes to your CID interview schedule.
- 9:30–Noon - Interviews
- Noon–1 p.m. - Lunch
- 1–4:30 p.m. - Interviews
Deadlines for Employers
For deadline dates associated with all schedule types (preselect, open and room only), please view the Employer Packet.
Business Entity Registration Fee: $350
What to Bring
The only materials you need to bring are a stack of business cards and/or information about your organization. You are welcome to bring displays that will fit within an 6-foot table display area, and a tablecloth for your table. Popup banners are only allowed during the networking hour from 8:30–9:30 a.m. Signage no wider than a 6ft table, personalized linens and giveaways are acceptable. We will also have plastic tablecloths available for use if needed.
Elevate student awareness of your organization and hiring opportunities while improving students’ experiences through event sponsorship!
Event Sponsor Benefits
- Event Placement:
- Your organization is located in a Preferred Placement on the event floor, based on high student traffic areas and event space availability. Placement is at the discretion of the LSU Olinde Career Center.
- Résumé Packet:
- To further your recruiting efforts, you will receive a digital résumé packet following the event which includes resumes for all students who checked-in for the event and also have a public résumé in Handshake. For virtual events, this includes all students who registered for the virtual event, whether they scheduled a session with your team or not.
- Student Promotion:
- Your organization is promoted as an Event Sponsor on the event web page, Handshake student and employer event pages, and in all student and employer emails promoting the event.
- Your organization is recognized during the event as an Event Sponsor on sponsor signage at student check-in, in the student event handout, and is pictured and tagged in an @LSUCareerCenter social media post related to the event.Your organization’s logo will be placed in a Preferred Location on the virtual event page that students view. This placement will keep you top-of-mind for students browsing employers during the event. Placement is at the discretion of the LSU Olinde Career Center.
- Your organization will be promoted as an Event Sponsor on the event web page, Handshake student and employer event pages, and in all student and employer emails promoting the event.
- Your organization will be recognized during the event as an Event Sponsor and in an @LSUCareerCenter social media post related to the event. You are also encouraged to tag @LSUCareerCenter in your social media posts and stories so that we can share onto our channels.
- Your organization will be recognized in an @LSUCareerCenter social media post following the event related to any open job postings listed in Handshake or company profile details listed in Handshake. Please ensure these details are up-to-date prior to the event date so our team can coordinate this post.
Become an event sponsor for $500. You can sign-up to be an event sponsor during the registration process.
Employers who register later than two weeks prior to the event (including sponsors and/or employer partners) will not be featured on the student handout, as we will have already submitted these items to be printed. PLEASE NOTE: If you do not show up for the event, you will still be required to pay.
Download the Career Event Refund, Cancellation and Weather Policy.