Construction Interviewing Day
Employers recruit students in Construction Management and Civil and Industrial Engineering for full-time, part-time, internship, and co-op positions. Participating organizations will choose which students and alumni to interview from among those who submit resumes for consideration.
Thank You to Our Fall 2019 CID Event Sponsors
Event sponsorship offers employers increased promotion of their organization to students before, during, and following the event. Learn about becoming a Fall 2019 Event Sponsor below.
This event is scheduled for October 10, 2019 from 8:30am - 4:30pm in the LSU Student Union's Royal Cotillion Ballroom.
Schedule of Events:
This is an example of the event schedule:
- 8:30 AM to 9:30 AM – Interviews, pre-scheduled
- 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM - Open Networking Hour for students to learn more about the organizations present, make contacts, and speak to employers about any interview opportunities that may still be available. This is the final opportunity to make changes to your CID interview schedule.
- 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM – Interviews
- 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM - Interviews
Interview Sign Ups:
Only students who are "preselected" will be able to schedule interviews before the event date. All other students are welcome to attend the Open Networking Hour to make contacts and sign up for remaining interview opportunities. Each year, there are a number of organizations with open spots on the day of, so please consider attending this Open Networking Hour. ALL participating students should review the Fall 2019 CID Important Deadlines for Students.
Business casual attire is required; students may choose to dress in business professional attire.
To view registered employers, login to Handshake online or through the Handshake Jobs & Careers App, click the Events tab, and click the fair you would like to view. View a support article to walk you through this process.
Registration will open on May 28, 2019.
Coming Soon: Fall 2019 CID Important Deadlines for Employers.
- Beginning May 28, log into Handshake. Not a Handshake user? Create your free account today!
- Select the "Fairs" tab on the left navigation menu
- Search for this event by entering "Louisiana State University" in the search bar. All LSU open event registrations will appear for you to browse. Select the event you would like to register for and proceed with the registration form.
- Please note: Payment instructions will be sent to you via email within one week of your registration submission. Questions? Contact Amy Pogue, Event Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- $300 for registration
- $650 for sponsorship
- $30 per extra rep after 2
- $50 for an extra table/schedule
Interview Scheduling Deadlines
All major employers deadlines are highlighted.
Preselect to Alternate Schedule
- Interview Schedule Due in Handshake: August 20
- Student Application Start Date: August 21
- Student Application End Date: September 25
- Primary & Alternate Selections Due: September 30 by noon
- Primary Sign Up Start: October 1
- Alternate Sign Up Start: October 4
- Sign Up Ends & Schedules Close: October 5
- Interview Schedule Due in Handshake: September 19
- Student Sign-up Period: September 20 – October 4
- Schedule Closes: October 5
Room Only Schedule
- Final Schedule Due: October 8
Download the Event Refund, Cancellation and Weather Policy.
Enhance your company recognition among students by becoming an event sponsor for $350. You can sign-up to be an event sponsor during the registration process. Benefits of sponsorship include:
- Prime placement at the event.
- Name and/or logo included on the event web pages for both the student and employer side, and in e-newsletters sent out to all students.
- Name and/or logo highlighted on event signage and on the student handout.