Construction Interviewing Day
Employers recruit students in Construction Management and Civil and Industrial Engineering for full-time, part-time, internship, and co-op positions. Participating organizations will choose which students and alumni to interview from among those who submit resumes for consideration.
Thank You to Our Spring 2020 CID Event Sponsors
Event sponsors will be listed here. Sponsorship offers employers increased promotion of their organization to students before, during, and following the event. Learn more about sponsorship opportunities.
Date: March 12, 2020
Time: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Location: LSU Student Union Royal Cotillion Ballroom
Schedule of Events:
- 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. – Interviews, pre-scheduled
- 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. - Open Networking Hour for students to learn more about the organizations present, make contacts, and speak to employers about any interview opportunities that may still be available. This is the final opportunity to make changes to your CID interview schedule.
- 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. – Interviews
- 1:00 to 4:30 p.m. - Interviews
Interview Sign Ups
Only students who are "preselected" will be able to schedule interviews before the event date. All other students are welcome to attend the Open Networking Hour to make contacts and sign up for remaining interview opportunities. Each year, there are a number of organizations with open spots on the day of, so please consider attending this Open Networking Hour. ALL participating students should review the Spring 2020 Student Deadlines Packet to be posted here soon.
Business casual attire is required; students may choose to dress in business professional attire.
To view registered employers, login to Handshake online or through the Handshake Jobs & Careers App, click the Events tab, and click the fair you would like to view. View a support article to walk you through this process.
Registration will open on December 9, 2019. To register:
- Log into Handshake. Not a Handshake user? Create your free account today!
- Select the "Fairs" tab on the left navigation menu
- Search for this event by entering "Louisiana State University" in the search bar. All LSU open event registrations will appear for you to browse. Select the event you would like to register for and proceed with the registration form.
- Please note: Payment instructions will be sent to you via email within one week of your registration submission. Questions? Contact Kyle O'Neal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- $300 for registration
- $650 for sponsorship
- $30 per extra rep after 2
- $50 for an extra table/schedule
Interview Scheduling Deadlines
All major employers deadlines are in bold below.
Preselect to Alternate Schedule
- Interview Schedule Due in Handshake: January 21
- Student Application Start Date: January 22
- Student Application End Date: February 26
- Primary & Alternate Selections Due: March 2 by noon
- Primary Sign Up Start: March 3
- Alternate Sign Up Start: March 6
- Sign Up Ends & Schedules Close: March 7
- Interview Schedule Due in Handshake: February 20
- Student Sign-up Period: February 21 - March 6
- Schedule Closes: March 7
Room Only Schedule
- Final Schedule Due: March 10
Download the Event Refund, Cancellation and Weather Policy.
Enhance your company recognition among students by becoming an event sponsor for $350. You can sign-up to be an event sponsor during the registration process. Benefits of sponsorship include:
- Prime placement at the event.
- Name and/or logo included on the event web pages for both the student and employer side, and in e-newsletters sent out to all students.
- Name and/or logo highlighted on event signage and on the student handout.