You love the thrill of the sale or dream of launching the next big product promotion.
Establish a solid foundation for your career by focusing on the drivers of marketing, including the trends that cause existing and new markets to develop. You will have the chance to enroll in innovative courses such as “Marketing on the Internet” and “Sports Marketing.” Additionally, the department participates in the International Business Seminars program, allowing students to travel to Europe and learn best business practices from several firms and companies.
- Professional Sales: Through course work, learn about sales fundamentals and management, then engage in either a professional sales practicum or a professional sales internship, which are designed for you to gain experience while working in sales positions guided by a sales professional practitioner and overseen by a faculty mentor.
- Advertising manager
- Customer service manager
- Promotions coordinator
- Sales manager
Once you're an LSU student, you'll need to meet the requirements below to continue pursuing this major.
- 30 credit hours of college-level coursework
- at least 12 credit hours from the LSU Flagship campus
- at least 9 credit hours in business courses
- grade of “C-” or better in ACCT 2001, ECON 2000, ENGL 1001, ISDS 1102, MATH 1021, and MATH 1431
- 2.6 cumulative GPA and cumulative LSU GPA
- 2.3 business GPA and LSU business GPA