You are interested in the role that communication plays in image building, and want to help shape the message.
About Public Relations
In a day of work, public relations professionals can move from writing a news release to planning a product launch to countering a negative story in the media. Learn how to implement strategic communication tactics to build and maintain relationships between individuals, organizations, or companies and their various publics.
- Communications Director
- Public Information Officer
- Public Relations Representative/Manager
Once you're an LSU student, you'll need to meet the requirements below to continue pursuing this major.
- Application required
- One full-time semester completed at LSU
- 3.0 GPA overall
- Grade of "B" or better in MC 2010 (Media Writing)
Manship School of Mass Communication
B.A.M.C., Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication
Course Load by Subject Area
- Communication: High Intensity
- Writing: High Intensity
- History & Law: Medium Intensity
- Business & Economics: Low Intensity
- Electives: Low Intensity
- Foreign Language: Low Intensity
- Math: Low Intensity
- View all course loads