You find policies exhilarating, are always in the middle of the debate, and want to change the world through communication, politics, and the law.
About Political Communication
In this area of study, you will learn to use critical thinking and effective communication skills to help shape and steer the policies that govern our society. This program also provides a solid foundation if you plan to attend law school.
- Campaign Strategist/Consultant
- Political Journalist
- Press Secretary
Once you're an LSU student, you'll need to meet the requirements below to continue pursuing this major.
- Application required
- One full-time semester completed at LSU
- 3.0 GPA overall
- Grade of "B" or better in MC 2010 (Media Writing)
Manship School of Mass Communication
B.A.M.C., Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication
Course Load by Subject Area
- Communication: High Intensity
- Writing: High Intensity
- History & Law: Medium Intensity
- Business & Economics: Low Intensity
- Electives: Low Intensity
- Foreign Language: Low Intensity
- Math: Low Intensity
- View all course loads