In addition to providing numerous scholarships to current LSU Engineering students each year, the College of Engineering has several competitive scholarships available to qualified first-year engineering students.
General College of Engineering Scholarships
All prospective LSU Engineering students will be considered for these awards if they follow the guidelines and meet the criteria provided below:
- The student completes their application for admission to LSU by the December 15th priority deadline.
- They are subsequently admitted to the university.
- They list an interest/intended major in the College of Engineering.
Students will only be notified about College of Engineering Scholarships if they have been selected to receive one. These scholarship offers will be made in February through April of each year and will be communicated via mail and/or email using the contact information listed on the application for admission to LSU.
Please contact Melissa Dean, Recruiting and Outreach Assistant Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LSU College of Engineering FIRST Robotics Scholarship
The LSU FIRST Robotics Scholarship is a $1,000/year scholarship awarded to one outstanding FIRST alumnus/alumnae entering the LSU College of Engineering each fall. Recipients can receive the award for up to four years if they remain in good academic (2.5 GPA) and disciplinary standing and demonstrate progress towards a degree from the College of Engineering each semester. The award will be disbursed in $500 installments each semester for up to eight semesters (for a total of up to $4,000).
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be an entering first-year student at LSU pursuing an undergraduate degree in the College of Engineering.
- Have completed your application for admission to LSU and/or be admitted to LSU by February 1, 2021.
- Have a 3.0 high school GPA (as recalculated by the LSU Admissions Office).
- Have been involved in FIRST Robotics for at least one year during high school.
- Have participated in a FIRST local, regional, state, and/or national competition on a FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) team or a FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC) team.
To apply for the FIRST scholarship, you must:
- Complete the LSU College of Engineering FIRST Scholarship Application.
- Include/upload a 500-word essay on your interest and involvement in FIRST, how it has impacted you, and how you think it will impact you as you pursue your engineering degree(s) at LSU.
- Have an adult mentor/coach involved with your FIRST team email a letter of recommendation directly to Melissa Dean at email@example.com.
Applications must be received by February 1, 2021.
Please contact Melissa Dean, Recruiting and Outreach Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.