Plan a Visit
The best way to learn about the LSU College of Engineering is to see it firsthand!
We are excited to welcome prospective high school students and their families to learn more about what it means to be an LSU Engineer, Computer Scientist, and Construction Manager during our daily visits/tours to Patrick F. Taylor Hall. With the recent completion of a $114 million building renovation and expansion project, there’s never been a better time to visit the college and hear directly from current students about their experiences.
During your visit, you can expect to interact with current engineering students, as well as staff, and receive plenty of information about our degree programs, facilities, support services, and student outcomes. Most visits will last between 45 minutes to an hour.
Our schedule is as follows:
January 10 – February 13
- Mondays at 1:00 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- Tuesdays through Thursdays at 1:00 p.m.
- Fridays at 10:30 a.m., 1:00 p.m., and 2:30 p.m.
February 17 – May 1
- Mondays and Fridays at 10:30 a.m., 1:00 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- Tuesdays through Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
Before completing the tour form below, please note that we are unable to accommodate tours for the following upcoming dates:
- January 20 (Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday)
- January 24 (Kickoff LSU)
- February 14 (Destination LSU)
- February 18
- February 24 and 25 (Mardi Gras)
- March 23 (ENGage LSU)
- April 10 (Good Friday)
If you have any specific requests when planning your visit, please contact Recruiting and Outreach Assistant Manager Melissa Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org or 225-578-3722.
- LSU Campus Tours - Register for a daily LSU campus tour to learn about all of campus and student life at LSU. The LSU Campus tour includes a tour of a Residence Hall and a quick walk-through of Patrick F. Taylor Hall, the main College of Engineering building. You will also have the option of adding a separate Engineering tour of Patrick F. Taylor Hall to your visit before or after the LSU Campus Tour.
- Engineering-Only Tour - Register for only a tour of Patrick F. Taylor Hall to learn more about the College of Engineering and your specific degree interests.
- Residence Hall Tours only - If you’ve already been on an LSU Campus Tour and need a separate tour of a Residence Hall, please contact Residential Life at email@example.com or 225-578-0565.
- Honors College Visits - Register for a 2:30 p.m. visit on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Note: Please acquaint yourself with the Honors College Admissions requirements before requesting a visit.
- Teachers and Educators - We offer educational programming for grades 4th and up. We would love to host your students for a field trip to our college! If you are interested in scheduling a visit so that your students can learn more about engineering, please complete the Teachers and Educators form below.