Handshake at LSU
Talent, meet opportunity.
Handshake personalizes career recommendations based on your interests and network, helping you discover new opportunities, companies, on-campus events— and build a meaningful career.
Handshake is a modern, online career resource for students and alumni to:
- Explore thousands of available jobs and internships, organized in collections based on your preferences
- Quickly build out a rich profile that helps you stand out when employers search for students and alumni
- Track event and application deadlines to put your best self forward
- Schedule on-campus interviews
- Connect with employers and meet your potential at recruiting events
- Boost your career-readiness with career-planning workshops and resources
All of this and more also available on the geaux with the Handshake Jobs & Careers app.
Students, please make note that all résumés must be approved by the LSU Olinde Career Center before becoming active in Handshake for applying for jobs or participating in on-campus interviews. Please be prompt in submitting a résumé for activation in Handshake. The career center makes every effort to be timely in the document approval process, but cannot guarantee a turnaround of less than two (2) business days.
How to Access Handshake
- Shortly after paying your enrollment deposit, you will be given access to Handshake.
- Log in to Handshake using your myLSU email and password at lsu.joinhandshake.com or download the Handshake Jobs & Careers App (download in the Apple App Store or download through Google Play). If a user experiences a barrier in access to Handshake or content within due to a disability, please contact the LSU Olinde Career Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For information on how to apply to on-campus and off-campus jobs, visit the Student Employment webpage.
- Graduate students receive access to Handshake one week before their courses begin. At that time, you can log in to Handshake using your myLSU email and password at lsu.joinhandshake.com or download the Handshake Jobs & Careers App (download in the Apple App Store or download through Google Play). If a user experiences a barrier in access to Handshake or content within due to a disability, please contact the LSU Olinde Career Center at email@example.com.
- If you would like to schedule a meeting with our team, or access other career center resources prior to this date, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we are happy to assist you.
- For information on how to apply to on-campus and off-campus jobs, visit the Student Employment webpage. Please note, while some graduate assistantships may be posted in Handshake, most opportunities are managed directly through the hiring department. Please contact your graduate program and campus contacts directly to inquire about available assistantships.
- Alumni retain free access to Handshake and to most other career center resources, including appointments with the career center team. View the Alumni Resources page to request Handshake access.
Fraudulent and Scam Job Postings
We work hard to keep fraudulent postings out of Handshake by using some common “red flags” typically considered suspicious. While red flags don’t automatically remove a job posting, we research the company and posting if suspicion arises before making a decision. You should research suspicious companies or postings, too (or don’t apply). The Fraudulent and Scam Job Postings guide outlines red flags so you, too, can attempt to identify such scam or fraudulent postings. Our position: Never apply for a suspicious job.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
Handshake at LSU is supported by a generous gift from Chevron.