Grade Exclusion Petition
College of Engineering Instructions for Processing a Grade Exclusion Petition (GEP)
This form may be submitted either:
- Electronically via the form and submit button below
- In person by printing the form and delivering to the William Brookshire Student Services Office, 2228 Patrick F. Taylor Hall (Download Grade Exclusion Form)
- This policy applies only when the grade exclusion request is filed prior to retaking the course.
- CoE Student Services dates for accepting & submitting petitions:
|Semester||Start Accepting Applications||Deadline for Petitions*|
|First Summer 2022 (Session B)||Friday, April 29, 2022||Friday, May 27, 2022 @ 4:30 p.m.|
|Second Summer 2022 (Session C)||Friday, June 10, 2022||Friday, July 8, 2022 @ 4:30 p.m.|
|Fall 2022||Wednesday, August 3, 2022||Wednesday, August 31, 2022 @ 4:30 p.m.|
|Fall 2022 (First Fall - Session B)||Friday, July 29, 2022||Friday, August 26, 2022 @ 4:30 p.m.|
|Fall 2022 (Second Fall - Session C)||Friday, September 23, 2022||Friday, October 21, 2022 @ 4:30 p.m.|
|Wintersession 2022||Friday, November 18, 2022||Friday, December 16, 2022 @ 4:30 p.m.|
|Spring 2023||Thursday, December 22, 2022||Thursday, January 26, 2023 @ 4:30 p.m.|
|Spring 2023 (First Spring - Session B)||Thursday, December 22, 2022||Friday, January 20, 2023 @ 4:30 p.m.|
|Spring 2023 (Second Spring - Session C)||Friday, February 24, 2023||Friday, March 24, 2023 @ 4:30 p.m.|
|First Summer 2023 (Session B)||Friday, April 28, 2023||Friday, May 26, 2023 @ 4:30 p.m.|
|Second Summer 2023 (Session B)||Friday, June 9, 2023||Friday, July 7, 2023 @ 4:30 p.m.|
* The deadline to complete a request for any term/semester is the last day to add classes for that term!
To request implementation of the Grade Exclusion policy:
- Review BOTH policy details and a listing of courses that cannot be used with Grade Exclusion. These can be found at the University Registrar's website.
- For Student Athletes ONLY: Bring your completed Grade Exclusion Petition (GEP) to the Academic Center for Student Athletes (ACA). They will determine the compatibility of your request with maintaining your eligibility to compete. The GEP must have an ACA signature before the College of Engineering can process the request.
- GEP are processed weekly. You will be contacted if there are issues that prevent your petition from being processed.
Scroll back up to top for confirmation message.