Grade Exclusion Petition – Post Baccalaureate CM Students
THERE IS NO CURRENTLY OPEN PETITION PERIOD - THE FORM CAN NOT BE SUBMITTED AT THIS TIME. PLEASE REFER TO THE TABLE BELOW FOR OPEN PETITION PERIODS
College of Engineering Instructions for Processing a Grade Exclusion Petition (GEP)
This form may be submitted EITHER:
- Electronically via the form and submit button below
- In person by printing the form and delivering to the William Brookshire Student Services Office, 2228 Patrick F. Taylor Hall (DOWNLOAD FORM HERE)
- This policy applies only when the grade exclusion request is filed prior to retaking the course.
- CoE Student Services dates for accepting & submitting petitions:
|Module||Start Accepting Applications||Deadline for Petitions|
|First Fall Module||August 25, 2017||September 1, 2017 @ 4:00pm|
|Second Fall Module||October 18, 2017||October 27, 2017 @ 4:00pm|
|First Spring Module||January 12, 2018||January 19, 2018 @ 4:00pm|
|Second Spring Module||March 7, 2018||March 16, 2018 @ 4:00pm|
|First Summer Module||May 4, 2018||May 11, 2018 @ 4:00pm|
|Second Summer Module||June 28, 2018||July 6, 2018 @ 4:00pm|
* The deadline to complete a request for any term/semester is the last day to add classes for that term!
To request implementation of the Grade Exclusion policy:
1. Review BOTH policy details and a listing of courses that cannot be used with Grade Exclusion. These can be found at the University Registrar's website.
- Policy details
- For courses in which 2 F grades were earned, first contact Student Services to appeal for permission to retake the course. LSU College of Engineering, Student Services, phone 225-578-5731
2. For Student Athletes ONLY: Bring your completed Grade Exclusion Petition (GEP) to the Academic Center for Student
Athletes (ACA). They will determine the compatibility of your request with maintaining
your eligibility to compete. The GEP must have an ACA signature before the College
of Engineering can process the request.
3. GEP are processed weekly. You will be contacted if there are issues that prevent your petition from being processed.
Scroll back up to top for confirmation message.