Stately Oaks & Junior Oaks Band Festival
February 3 – 5, 2022 // LSU Baton Rouge Campus
Stately Oaks and Junior Oaks are multi-day camps designed for high school (grades 9 – 12) and middle school (grades 7 and 8) band students. Students will participate in full band rehearsals with special guest conductors, receive a group masterclass on their instrument, and have the exciting opportunity to engage with one of the LSU concert ensembles in an interactive rehearsal. Camp participants will also attend the LSU Collage Concert, which features students and faculty of the LSU Department of Bands and LSU School of Music, and perform in a final concert of their own on Saturday afternoon, which will be free and open to the public.
This year, we are excited to welcome an amazing pair of guest clinicians:
Southwest Middle School (Orlando, FL)
Registration & Cost
Registration will open December 1, 2021 and close on January 20, 2022, at 11:59 p.m.
The cost for the festival is $65, which includes:
- All rehearsals and classes
- Concert performance in the state-of-the-art LSU Union Theater
- Masterclass sessions or group lessons on your specific instrument
- Attend the LSU Collage Concert
- Some meals are included – please refer to official event schedule for more details
- Official Stately Oaks letterman patch for high school students
- Official Junior Oaks t-shirt for middle school students
A complete itinerary will be released to registered applicants closer to the event date, but please plan to be on campus and have full availability on the following dates and time ranges.
- Thursday, February 3, 2022, 4:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Friday, February 4, 2022, 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday, February 5, 2022, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
If you are unable to eat the meals provided, please plan to bring a packed meal. No special meals will be provided.
An optional LSU visitor parking pass can be purchased for $10. This pass will be valid for the gravel lot at Tiger Band Hall. If you are dropping off or picking up participants only, a parking pass is not needed.