The College of Music & Dramatic Arts Boot Camp is an intensive program designed for incoming Music, Theatre, and Film & Television majors. As part of the university’s Welcome Week activities (August 14 - 21), this camp helps students to smoothly transition to the College of Music & Dramatic Arts and campus life prior to the fall semester.
At the Boot Camp, incoming students will:
- Learn important study skills.
- Get a jump start on course content.
- Complete special projects while collaborating with new peers.
- Meet and work with faculty, student ambassadors, and university staff.
- Learn about other services and resources around campus and attend workshops with topics such as time management and self-care — integral to a successful academic career.
Participation in Boot Camp is expected of all incoming students in the School of Music and School of Theatre.
A schedule outline will be provided as we get closer to the date of the camp.
The College of Music & Dramatic Arts Boot Camp is offered in conjunction with Welcome Week, allowing students to participate in both major-specific workshops and campus-wide activities. Students will register for Boot Camp as part of their Welcome Week registration available in your Admissions Portal; Boot Camp will be your Choose Your Adventure (CYA) option.
Students cannot co-register for CMDA Boot Camp and other activities such as Tiger Band, Stripes, or Rush.