The Golden Band From Tigerland
Let Four Notes Change Your Life.Whether it's a humid, scorching day or a cold, rainy night in Tiger Stadium, pride in a rich past and dedication to a legacy of excellence and musical preeminence are hallmarks of the marching band experience at LSU.- Frank B. Wickes, Director of Bands Emeritus
About the Band
The Sudler Trophy-winning Tiger Marching Band is comprised of 325 students from all over the LSU campus, each of whom possesses a strong sense of dedication and pride in their work.
Tiger Band is an accredited one-hour course (MUS 4250) which meets from 3:50 p.m. to 5:20 p.m. Tuesday through Friday. Home game Saturdays require additional rehearsal time and attendance at the football game. All members also attend full-band away games, including bowl games. Participation in Tiger Band involves less time commitment than many high school programs.
All students selected for membership in the LSU Tiger Marching Band, including Colorguard and Golden Girls, receive a $1,000 service award stipend. There are no fees required for membership, and the University pays for all road trips and most uniform costs. A majority of the instruments needed for Tiger Band are available for use at no cost to the student.
Check out the links below to learn more about our audition processes and the auxiliary units of the Tiger Band.
New and returning members must meet the following criteria to be eligible for Tiger Band.
- Full-time student (12 credit hours)*
- Minimum 2.0 LSU GPA
- In good standing with the university
- Enroll in MUS 4250
- Remain available and flexible for travel commitments, particularly on weekends.
*If a student is graduating in the same Fall semester as their Tiger Band membership, they are permitted to be part-time, pending advisor confirmation and Department of Bands approval.
Cumulative GPA of Tiger Band Members in AY 2019 - 2020
- You don't have to choose between good grades and being part of Tiger Band! Members regularly maintain excellent academic records alongside their participation.
Percentage of Tiger Band Members in non-music majors
- You don't have to be a music major to be a part of the Tiger Band experience! Members come from a wide variety of degree programs across campus.