The Golden Band From Tigerland
Let Four Notes Change Your Life.Whether it's a humid, scorching day or a cold, rainy night in Tiger Stadium, pride in a rich history and dedication to musical preeminence are hallmarks of the marching band experience at LSU.– Frank B. Wickes (1937-2020)
About The Band
The Sudler Trophy-winning and GRAMMY-nominated LSU Tiger Marching Band is one of the largest and most visible organizations on the LSU campus, serving as a historic cornerstone of LSU and Louisiana culture. The band is comprised of 325 students from all across campus, each of whom possesses a strong sense of dedication and pride in their work.
Tiger Band is an accredited one-hour course (MUS 4250) which meets from 3:50 p.m. to 5:20 p.m. Tuesday through Friday in the fall semester, plus additional time requirements on Saturdays for rehearsal and performance.
All students selected for membership in the Tiger Band, including those in auxiliary units such as the LSU Drumline, LSU Colorguard, and LSU Golden Girls, receive a $1,000 service award stipend. There are no fees required for membership, and the university pays for all travel and most uniform-related costs. Additionally, a majority of the instruments needed for Tiger Band are available for use at no cost to students.
Check out the links in this section to learn more about our audition processes and the auxiliary units of the Tiger Band.
States represented by members during the 2023 - 2024 season.
- Make new friends from all across the country! Our members hail from a wide array of states beyond Louisiana, including California, Michigan, Texas, Tennessee, Kentucky, and more.
Percentage of members in non-music majors.
- You don't have to be a music major to be a part of the Tiger Band experience! Our members study in degree programs across campus, including engineering, art, business, and more.
Join Our Tiger Band Family
Auditions for the Tiger Band are open to all LSU students, regardless of major. New and returning members must meet the following criteria to be eligible for Tiger Band.
- Full-time student (12 credit hours)*
- Minimum 2.0 LSU GPA
- In good standing with the university
- Enroll in MUS 4250
- Remain available and flexible for travel commitments, particularly on weekends.
*If a student is graduating in the same Fall semester as their Tiger Band membership, they are permitted to be part-time, pending advisor confirmation and Department of Bands approval.