Undergraduate Minor in Library Science
The minor in Library Science will prepare students to enter the workforce as a paraprofessional. Students will learn the skills necessary to provide professional support services with minimal on-the-job training.
Students interested in declaring the minor should consult with their academic advisor.
Students are required to complete all of the following five courses:
- LIS 2000 Introduction to Information & Society (Social Science General Education) (Fall)
- LIS 3000 Libraries in the Information Age (Fall)
- LIS 3002 Introduction to Library Public Services (Fall)
- LIS 3004 Introduction to Technical Services (Spring)
- LIS 3006 Introduction to Collection Development. (Spring)
This is an entirely online minor.
Dr. Carol Barry