- 7900 Internship in Library & Information Science is a variable one-to-three-credit course that requires 45 hours of work per credit per semester/term under the guidance of a supervisor who is a recognized information professional.
- MLIS students must have completed 18 hours of LIS courses before registering for an Internship, including all core courses and any relevant elective(s). The student's advisor must approve the Internship. Certificate students should contact their advisor regarding requirements.
- Planning for an Internship must begin the semester before the semester in which the student will register for and complete the Internship.
- An Internship is strongly suggested for those students who do not have previous professional experience.
- No more than six hours of Internship credit may be applied toward any degree.
Application & Paperwork Deadlines
Applications must be submitted to your faculty advisor by:
- March 15th for Summer and Fall Internships
- October 15th for Spring Internships
Contracts must be submitted to your faculty advisor by:
- April 15th for Summer and Fall Internships
- November 15th for Spring Internships
The Internship Plan of Work must be submitted to the faculty advisor for approval no later than the last week of classes of the semester/term in which the application and contract were submitted.