If you are thinking about applying to graduate or professional school, it is important to review and follow these tips to help to keep you on track during the application process:
- Begin researching programs.
- Start preparing for, register for, and take the appropriate standardized test(s).
- Develop a list of individuals who can write your letters of recommendation.
- Begin exploring graduate school funding resources.
- Write your statement of purpose.
- Ask faculty to write your letters of recommendation.
- Submit your applications.
- Request official transcripts from the Office of the University Registrar.
- Apply for funding available through the programs and universities to which you are applying.
- Complete and mail the FAFSA if you are applying for federal student aid.
- Verify that all of your application materials were received.
- Write thank-you notes to everyone who assisted you during this process, especially to those individuals who wrote your letters of recommendation.