ADVISORY: Former Presidential Press Secretaries Ari Fleischer and Mike McCurry to speak at LSU’s Manship School
April 16, 2018
- What: “From the President to the Press Briefing: Exploring the Role of the Presidential Press Secretary,” an event hosted by the Reilly Center for Media & Public Affairs at LSU’s Manship School of Mass Communication, will feature former presidential press secretaries Ari Fleischer and Mike McCurry as they discuss the evolving role and responsibility of this key communication position at the White House.
- Who: Ari Fleischer served as press secretary under President George W. Bush from January 2001 to July 2003. Mike McCurry served as press secretary under President Bill Clinton from December 1994 to August 1998.
- When:Tuesday, April 17, 2018 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Where: Manship School of Mass Communication’s Holliday Forum in the Journalism Building at the corner of North Stadium Road and Field House Drive.
- RSVP: Registration is required. Register.
The Reilly Center for Media & Public Affairs aims to generate thoughtful programs, dialogue and research about mass communication and its many faceted relationships with social, economic and political issues. Evident in everything the center does is its commitment to strengthen and advance the Manship School’s national leadership in media and politics.