You love the sports industry and want a career that centers around your passion.
About Sport Administration
If you want to work behind the scenes (and sometimes in front of the camera) in the sport industry, then this is the major for you. Sport administration is designed to teach you the fundamentals behind managing the complex and ever-changing sport industry. You will get real-world experience and may one day become commissioner of the NCAA.
If you major in sport administration, you'll be required to choose a concentration. Each available concentration is listed below.
The sport commerce concentration teaches sport as a business enterprise. The business aspect of sports has never been more prevalent than it is today and this concentration will give you the tools to succeed.
A concentration in sport leadership teaches leadership roles within athletic fields. Whether it’s coaching or motivating others to succeed, this will make you a better leader on and off the field.
- Athletic administrator
- Facility manager
- Sports information director
- Sports marketer
Once you're an LSU student, you'll need to meet the requirements below to continue pursuing this major.
- 24 hours of credit in 1000-level courses or higher
- 2.2 GPA (LSU and overall) (2.5 GPA for transfer)
- Advanced placement in, credit for, or a grade of “C” or better in the following:
- English 1001 (1004)
- 6 hours of general education analytical reasoning courses (one of which must be math)
- 3 hours of general education natural science
B.S., Bachelor of Science
Course Load by Subject Area
- Business & Economics: High Intensity
- Electives: Medium Intensity
- Communication: Low Intensity
- History & Law: Low Intensity
- View all course loads
Learn more about course loads and subject areas
Academic Common Market Available
Tweets by @lsuchse