You are interested in studying issues related to the management of land, water, and air. You are passionate about the environment and want to promote good stewardship of the earth.
About Environmental Management Systems
This program will provide you with the knowledge and skills to participate in the environmental sciences community in areas such as federal and local environmental regulations, land use planning, soil and water conservation, coastal restoration, and agricultural management.
- Environmental Analysis and Risk Management - Develop the skills and knowledge needed for a career in environmental management. Build a practical understanding of chemistry, environmental biology, and governmental regulations.
- Policy Analysis - Build your understanding of state and federal governments’ roles in the environment and develop the knowledge needed to work with them. This concentration also establishes a great foundation for a graduate degree, law school, or business school.
- Resource Conservation - Learn the science of soil and water conservation and increase your knowledge of government programs. Gain experience in restoring the coast, planning for land use, and managing forestry, wildlife, and agricultural land.
- Air quality control specialist
- Environmental analyst/manager
- Environmental project coordinator
- Sustainability manager
Once you're an LSU student, you'll need to meet the requirements below to continue pursuing this major.
- 2.0 GPA in all coursework (2.5 GPA for transfer)
- 2.0 cumulative GPA in courses toward degree requirements
- grade of "C" or better in ENGL 1001 and MATH 1021 or higher
B.S., Bachelor of Science
Course Load by Subject Area
- Science: Medium Intensity
- Agriculture: Low Intensity
- Business & Economics: Low Intensity
- Communication: Low Intensity
- Electives: Low Intensity
- Math: Low Intensity
- View all course loads
- Agricultural Business
- Coastal Environmental Science
- Disaster Science & Management
- Natural Resource Ecology & Management
Academic Common Market Available