You are interested in sharing your passion for agriculture with others. You want to develop leadership skills and be prepared to communicate to the public about agriculture.
About Agricultural & Extension Education
This broad-based curriculum encompasses all areas of agriculture and offers you unique opportunities for professional and leadership development, hands-on learning across the state, and participation in faculty-led research. Available concentrations will prepare you for teaching in secondary schools or for careers in extension, business, government, or industry.
- Agricultural Leadership and Development - This broad-based curriculum covers all areas of technical agriculture as well as leadership, communications, and informal instruction. Unique opportunities for professional and leadership development, coupled with hands-on learning, will prepare you to communicate with various audiences.
- Teaching in Formal Education- Brighten the future. Learn hands-on lessons in agriculture, science, and education. This concentration prepares students to teach agriculture in the state of Louisiana and positively impact young lives.
- Agricultural education programs administrator
- Extension service youth programs manager
- 4-H coordinator
Once you're an LSU student, you'll need to meet the requirements below to continue pursuing this major.
- 2.0 GPA in all coursework (2.5 GPA for transfer)
- 2.0 cumulative GPA in courses toward degree requirements
- grade of "C" or better in ENGL 1001 and MATH 1021 or higher
B.S., Bachelor of Science
Course Load by Subject Area
- Agriculture: Medium Intensity
- Communication: Medium Intensity
- Electives: Low Intensity
- Science: Low Intensity
Learn more about course loads and subject areas