Murad Abu-Farsakh, Ph.D., PE
Adjunct Professor - Research
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Louisiana State University
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
Phone: (225) 767-9147 / Fax: (225) 767-9108
- Ph.D. in Geotechnical Engineering, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 1997
- M.S. in Structural Engineering, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid, Jordan, 1988
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan, 1985
- 2013-present: Research Professor, Louisiana Transportation Research Center, Louisiana State University.
- 2008-2013: Research Associate Professor, Louisiana Transportation Research Center, Louisiana State University.
- 2002-2008: Research Assistant Professor, Louisiana Transportation Research Center, Louisiana State University.
- 2002-present: Adjunct Assistant, Associate and Professor: Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Louisiana State University.
- 1997-2002: Research Associate, Louisiana Transportation Research Center, Louisiana State University.
- 1992-1997: Research Assistant, Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Louisiana State University
- 1989-1992: Geotechnical Engineer, Arab Corporation for Engineering and Geotechnology, Amman, Jordan
- 1988-1989: Structural Engineer, Subhi Tabal Establishment, Amman, Jordan
Evaluation of pile setup for piles driven in clayey soils Accelerated load testing of geosynthetic reinforced base layer in pavement sections Calibration of resistance factors for use in the LRFD design of driven piles and drilled shafts Numerical modeling and finite element analysis of geotechnical, pavement and soi-structure interaction engineering problems, Instrumentation, lateral load testing and structural health monitoring of bridge foundations Accelerated Load testing to evaluation the performance of pavement base materials and subgrades In-situ evaluation of strategraphy, strength, and consolidation characteristics of soils, evaluating of embankment settlement, and predicting the ultimate pile capacity from PCPT test data, The use of geosynthetics to reinforce earth walls, subgrades and bases for pavement applications, and reinforced soil foundation; analysis of soil-geosynthetic interaction from pullout and large direct shear tests, The use of in-situ testing for the quality control and quality assurance (QC/QA) in the construction of geomaterials.