Conference Center and Building Policies
Policy Fast Facts (Read below for further information)
- Four rooms in the Rotunda are available for reservations during standard University
hours, Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, through this website.
The Lobby or the Kitchen can not be reserved by themselves.
- Lobby (1000)
- Auditorium (1001)
- Conference Room (1019)
- Kitchen (1029)
- Reservations are made through this website in accordance with University policy. Confirmations and invoices are e-mailed to the requestor.
- Technical support is available during regular business hours. Make arrangements in advance for anything more than the basic sound system with wireless microphones.
- Setting up, maintaining and cleaning up the facilities is self-service.
- Parking is arranged through the LSU Office of Parking, Traffic & Transportation.
- WiFi access is granted through LSU Information Technology Services at netguest.lsu.edu using the LSU Staff member coordinating the event.
- Conference calls: We supply only the phone.
To participate in a conference call dial the number and then enter the access code provided by the host.
- LSU is a smoke-free campus as of 1 August 2014 in accordance with the Louisiana Legislature's smoke-free requirement for all public post-secondary institutions in Louisiana and the governor's Well-Ahead Louisiana program.
Expanded Policy Statements
The following are policies designed to ensure that proper procedures are followed and that the facilities are maintained in the best possible working order. You are required to follow the policies while you are using the facilities.
- Only four (4) rooms in the Rotunda are available for reservations through this website.
In order to prevent distractions neither the Lobby nor the Kitchen may be be reserved by themselves.
- Lobby (1000)
- Dalton J. Woods Auditorium (1001)
- Conference Room (1019)
- Kitchen (1029)
- Reserved parking must be arranged by the event coordinator through the LSU Office of Parking, Traffic & Transportation.
- All reservations and schedule changes must be made through this website.
- Only reservations made through the website are valid.
- If you reserve a facility for a full day and only use it for a half-day, we will charge you for the full day.
- We reserve the right to cancel your reservation with 72 hours notice.
- Use of the facilities by off-campus users is subject to the provisions of Policy Statement 82; Use of LSU facilities and Premises (PS-82) and requires the prior approval of the LSU Office of Finance and Administrative Services.
- Each event requires an individual reservation.
- No regular/recurring functions are ever scheduled for these facilities.
- Standard hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am until 4:30 pm.
- Sign and return reservation form.
A reservation form will be emailed to you after you complete the online application. It must be signed and emailed, faxed or mailed back for your reservation to be made. Fax the reservation form to the Conference Center Administrator.
- You are responsible for making arrangements for use of audio/visual equipment.
You need to contact Tech Support at least one week before your event to make A/V arrangements. If you will be using anything more than the sound system and microphones, then you need to contact Tech Support one to two weeks before your event.
And you are responsible for making sure the equipment is powered off and put away properly after use.
- We allow no food or drink in the auditorium.
We strictly enforce this policy. We allow food and drink in the rotunda, conference center, kitchen and hallways only if someone from your organization is on hand to clean any spills immediately. If you are using the auditorium we require that you provide and assign an usher to watch the auditorium for any food or drink that members of the audience might attempt to bring into the facility. Any LSU unit must provide any and all food and drink services strictly in accordance with PS-11 and PS-60; any and all alcoholic beverage use must be carried out in accordance with PS-78. Additionally, only caterers approved by LSU Procurement may be used. The catering arrangements must include clean-up of the facility by the caterer. The unit making this request is solely responsible for seeing that every appropriate procedure is followed. Off-campus units are forbidden any alcoholic beverage use, must use catered food and drink, and any caterers employed by them must be on the approved list at LSU Purchasing. To resolve any food/catering questions you might have, please contact LSU Procurement Services.
- The following areas are off limits to meeting attendees unless other arrangements
have been made.
- The College of the Coast and Environment offices on the east of the Rotunda.
- The first floor research area to the north side of the Rotunda.
- All second floor and third floor facilities.
- You must provide at least one usher for any event in the auditorium.
The usher will ensure that food and drink are not brought into the facility. The usher must be on station at least 15 minutes before the beginning of the event. If the usher discovers anyone with food or drink in the auditorium, they must ask that person to leave.
- You are not to attach anything to the wall surfaces in any part of the building.
Any announcements, advertisements, etc. must be attached to some portable surface (tripods, etc.) provided by you.
- You are responsible for cleaning the facilities after your event.
You or your caterer must remove all decorations, announcements, advertisements, food, drink, and trash immediately after your event. Failure to do so will result in additional charges for cleaning.
- Signing the billing statement.
After the event, you may be presented with a billing statement. Someone must have the authority to sign the statement.
- After hours IT support.
Standard support is from 8:00 am through 4:30 pm Monday through Friday for normal University staff hours. If IT staff support is required outside of these hours arrangement must be coordinated before the event.
- When scheduling your event for the Lobby and Conference Room include the time needed
for setup and take down of tables and chairs and cleanup.
Note: You are also responsible for providing any labor this requires.
- Internet Access.
- An email confirmation will be sent, usually within one business day.
If you do not receive a confirmation email please contact the Conference Center Administrator.
- Use of the facilities by off-campus users is subject to the provisions of PS-82 and requires the prior approval of the LSU Office of Finance and Administrative Services.
- When you are finished using the conference room please return the table arrangement to its original configuration.
- It is your responsibility for making sure that any audio/visual equipment that was used is powered off and put away properly after use.
- If you have any questions about the technology, please contact Tech Support for more information.
- If conference call services are required they must be arranged by the event coordinator. We supply only the phone.
- If video services are required they must be arranged by the event coordinator. We have no video equipment available at this time.
- LSU units (except those housed in the building) and appropriate off-campus groups, (see PS-82) will be charged a fee for use of the facilities.
- Units and staff housed in the building will not be charged a fee but may use the facilities for professional (i.e., energy-, environmental- and coastal-related activities) or for strictly LSU-related activities only.
- Energy, Coast, and Environmental Building staff may be attending events to ensure users follow the policies. If the users do not follow the policies, and/or if any damage occurs, we will bill your organization for any repairs.
- LSU is a smoke-free campus as of 1 August 2014 in accordance with the Louisiana Legislature's smoke-free requirement for all public post-secondary institutions in Louisiana and the governor's "Well Ahead Louisiana" program.
- There are to be no exceptions to this policy.