Academic Coaching sessions are available in person and online via Zoom.
An academic coach can help you plan a path toward academic success with effective personalized learning strategies. Academic Coaching is available for all courses and majors.
Academic Coaching sessions will be available in-person and online via on LSU Zoom. In-person appointments will be held in a room where social distancing is possible, conducted according to LSU COVID precautions. In order to participate on Zoom, you will need access to speakers, microphone, and a high speed internet connection. Webcam is optional, but recommended. Phone-in is possible if you do not have audio capabilities.
Please schedule an appointment using the Navigate app or by using the Schedule link below. (The scheduling site is best accessed via web using Chrome or Safari.)
- Appointments may be scheduled up to three weeks in advance. If you don’t find a convenient
appointment available, please check again later as new dates become available.
- LSU graduate, professional, and LSU Online students who do not have access to Navigate,
please send an email to email@example.com with your available times and your cell phone number (to receive appointment reminders
via text message).
- If you need any assistance scheduling an appointment send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT: Academic Coaching is different than academic advising. See our coaching vs. advising chart below to find out which service you may need.
How to Schedule Your Appointment
- Open Navigate on the web
or download the Navigate app
- Sign in with your myLSU ID and password
- Select Appointments in the left navigation bar
- Select Schedule an Appointment
- Select Center for Academic Success for Type of Appointment
- Under Service, select Academic Coaching (Learning Strategies)
- Select Find Available Time
- Choose the date and time
- Review and then select Schedule to confirm your workshop reservation
How can Academic Coaching Help You?
Coaching sessions often include personalized techniques to help you with the following:
Taking notes; studying and learning more effectively
Remembering what you read
Taking exams in a more productive way
Lessen test anxiety
Managing your time
- Understanding how you learn best
Our Academic Coaching Team
- Anna Hammons, Assistant Director
- Beth Wallace, Ph.D., Assistant Director
- Alexandra Garcia, Ph.D. Academic Coach
- Rashad Davis, Academic Coach
To request an interview with a staff member for a course assignment or a media need, please submit a request online.
Which is right for you?
- From the Center for Academic Success
- Taking notes; studying and learning more effectively
- Remembering what you read
- Taking exams in a more productive way
- Lessen test anxiety
- Managing your time
- From your college (UCFY, College of Science, College of Engineering, etc.)
- Schedule or drop a class
- Change your major
- Discuss appeals
- Lift a hold on your account
- Help define academic and career goals
LSU faculty, staff and employees are concerned about the safety and well-being of our students. If during a conversation with an LSU faculty member, staff member, or student assistant you share information that leads us to be concerned about your safety, the safety of others, or your well-being, we may need to seek the help of the LSU Care team, the Academic Intervention team, and / or other appropriate entities.