E. J. Ourso College of Business Networking Reception
This networking reception is an opportunity for students and alumni to connect with employers in a more intimate setting than Career Expo provides, and to continue conversations from Career Expo. Students and alumni interested in careers in business-related industries will attend this event.
Date: September 15, 2021
Time: 6–8 p.m.
Location: Lod Cook Alumni Center, LSU Baton Rouge campus
Fall 2021 Business Reception Event Sponsors Coming Soon!
Learn more about employer sponsorship opportunities below.
Student and Alumni Event Information
This event is open to current students of LSU System campuses and alumni from the Baton Rouge campus. Pre-registration is not required.
Preparing for the Event
Building your network is a never-ending experience, and you can't start too early. The more people you know, the more opportunities you will have. Events like this networking reception and the Career Expo are great opportunities for you to practice networking and see what a recruiting event is like before the pressure is on to secure an internship or job in the future.
Save the Date for Prep Events
Drop-In Hours for Résumé Critiques and Career Expo Week Prep
Get your résumé prepared for the expo by downloading a résumé template then drop by for some tips. Our coaches can also help you learn how to approach employers and have a great experience at Career Expo and networking receptions. Registration and find full details coming soon!
- Career Expo Prep Week. Workshops, 1-hour sessions
- Get tips on networking in a virtual space while learning how to make the most of the networking reception and Career Expo. Registration and find full details coming soon!
Research Employers and Prepare to Network
- Practice your elevator pitch using our guide and template, coming soon! This is the quick intro you will share with employers when first meeting them at this reception and Career Expo.
- View the employers attending and their job openings in Handshake. Draft questions you have about companies and opportunities. Then, read up on the mission statement of the company, services or products they provide, and any industry trends. With this information your questions and elevator pitch will be sure to impress! If possible, apply to any jobs you are interested in before the reception or Career Expo.
- Job Seekers: Consider bringing a few copies of your résumé. Not all employers will be able to take a copy for HR reasons, but some may be open to it. Build your résumé using our online resources and templates.
Plan What to Wear
- Business casual attire is strongly recommended, students seeking jobs or internships may benefit from wearing business professional attire.
- JCPenney Suit Up: Need to freshen up your professional wardrobe? Check out JCPenney Suit Up, offering exclusive discounts to LSU students and alumni. Event date and find full details coming soon!
Attend Career Expo
- Be sure to also consider attending the largest recruiting event of the semester, Career Expo for Business, Government, and Nonprofits on September 16.
Employers who register later than two weeks prior to the event (including sponsors and/or employer partners) will not be featured on the student handout, as we will have already submitted these items to be printed.
- Log into Handshake to register for the event and select any event sponsorship options. Not a Handshake user? Create your free account today!
- Select the "Fairs" tab on the left navigation menu
- Search for this event by entering "Louisiana State University" in the search bar. All LSU open event registrations will appear for you to browse. Select the event you would like to register for and proceed with the registration form.
- Please note: Payment instructions will be sent to you via email within one week of your registration submission. Questions? Contact Courtney Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Notes for Recruiters
- Please review the E. J. Ourso College of Business Networking Reception Event Packet for details and deadlines.
- Make a lasting impression on students by registering for an Exclusive Event Sponsorship opportunity! Details can be found in the registration form and below.
- Please also review the Event Refund, Cancellation, and Weather Policy.
- By registering for this event, you confirm that all employer representatives have read and agree to the information and policies on our Employer Policies web-page.
- Refreshments and lunch will be provided. A vegetarian option will be included but if you have other dietary needs, please note there other options in and around the LSU campus for you to explore.
- Registration fee if also attending Career Expo: $75 per representative
- Registration fee if not attending Career Expo: $200 per representative
- Note: Graduate and professional schools are not eligible to attend this networking reception
Elevate student awareness of your organization and hiring opportunities while improving students’ experiences through event sponsorship!
Career Expo Event Sponsor Options
- Event Placement:
- Your organization’s table is located in a Preferred Placement on the event floor, based on high student traffic areas and event space availability. Placement is at the discretion of the LSU Olinde Career Center.
- Student Promotion:
- Your organization is promoted as an Event Sponsor on the Business Networking Reception event web page, and in all student and employer emails promoting the Business Networking Reception.
- Your organization is recognized as an Event Sponsor during the event on sponsor signage at student check-in, on the student event handout, and is pictured and tagged in an @LSUCareerCenter social media post related to the event.
Sponsorship for this event is $550 and can be selected during registration.