College Admission Requirements
Students in good standing may apply for admission to the E. J. Ourso College of Business. Students transferring from another institution must also meet university transfer admission requirements. Digital application forms can be downloaded here or are available in the Office of Business Student Success located on the second floor of the BEC Rotunda (Suite 2000 BEC). Students who are denied admission may reapply for admission in a subsequent semester.
Students are eligible for admission to the Ourso College once they have successfully completed the following requirements:
- Complete a minimum of 30 hours of university coursework (to include 12 hours of coursework on the LSU A&M campus, of which at least 9 hours must be from the E. J. Ourso College of Business).
- Complete the Pre-Business Core classes (ENGL 1001, MATH 1021 and MATH 1431, ECON 2000, ISDS 1102, and ACCT 2001) with a “C-” or better in each course. Students who place or test out of any of the Pre-Business Core classes will be given credit for successfully completing those classes.
Accounting & Finance Majors
Students majoring in accounting or finance must meet the following GPA requirements at the time of their application for admission into the major:
- A minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- A minimum 3.0 LSU GPA
- A minimum 2.5 business GPA
- A minimum 2.5 LSU business GPA
Business Analytics, Economics, Entrepreneurship, General Business, International Trade & Finance, ISDS, Management, & Marketing Majors
Students majoring in business analytics economics, entrepreneurship, general business, international trade & finance, information systems and decision sciences, management, or marketing must meet the following GPA requirements at the time of their application for admission into the major:
- A minimum 2.6 cumulative GPA
- A minimum 2.6 cumulative LSU GPA
- A minimum 2.3 business GPA
- A minimum 2.3 LSU business GPA
Students may apply for admission to the E. J. Ourso College of Business Office of Business Student Success, BEC Suite 2000, or email an application to firstname.lastname@example.org once classes for the current semester have ended. Applications are reviewed after final grades have been posted. Students may submit application forms until the last day to add courses for the following semester in which they intend to enroll. A student’s overall GPA, LSU GPA, business GPA, and LSU business GPA can be found on the degree audit.
Three ways to submit your completed application:
- Email to email@example.com
- Deliver a printed application to 2000 Business Education Complex (on the second floor of the BEC Rotunda) between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Fax to 225-578-5256
Upcoming Application Periods
For on-campus students
|Semester||Application period opens||Submission deadline|
|Fall 2023||May 8, 2023||Aug. 30, 2023|
|Spring 2024||December 4, 2023||January 25, 2023|
Office of Business Student Success
2000 Business Education Complex
501 South Quad Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70803