Policies & Guidelines
All UREC patrons are expected to be responsible, courteous, and safety conscious at all times. Disorderly conduct, abuse or misuse of the facility or its equipment, or disregard for policies will not be tolerated. Violators will be required to leave the facility and may be subject to disciplinary action. Violators of UREC policies may also be suspended from using the facilities. Members who are suspended will not have any portion of their fees refunded.
Access to Facilities
- University Recreation reserves the right to refuse admittance.
- Entry to and exit from the facility must be through controlled access points only. Other exits should be used for emergencies only.
- Members do not need to swipe their card to enter facility, but they must present their LSU ID card or Tiger card upon entry.
- UREC offers ID forgiveness to those members who do not have a physical photo ID, but have their photo in Fusion (UREC’s membership management program). Approved form of identification is still required if Tiger card is not available. ID forgiveness will be limited to 3 times per semester.
- Rules for specific areas are posted on site. These rules may include more area specific rules that are not listed in the General Rules.
- No type of sport activities will be allowed in hallways of UREC.
- Loose chalk is not permitted in any areas of UREC. Liquid chalk is permitted and is for sale at the main operations desk.
- Amplified personal speakers are prohibited in the building, unless associated with University programs or events.
- Tops, bottoms, and shoes are required in University Recreation facilities and programs.
- Shoes with a one inch heel or greater and/or lacking a heel strap are not permitted.
- Clothing with profanity or offensive language may not worn in University Recreation facilities or programs.
Lost and/or Stolen Items
- University Recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Membership privileges may be revoked or suspended for policy violation at any time.
- A $15 replacement fee is assessed for lost membership cards.
Photography & Videography
- Photography is permitted in LSU UREC facilities for personal non-commercial and lawful use provided permission has been granted by the individual(s) being photographed.
- The taking, capturing or recording of any and all photography, audio, or video of any kind in the pool, men’s and women’s locker rooms, and restrooms is strictly prohibited.
- Those who seek to photograph, film, or interview individuals at LSU UREC facilities for commercial use, media use, or class projects, must receive prior written approval from University Recreation administration prior to accessing LSU UREC facilities. Head to our Information page to view the approval process.
- By entering a LSU UREC facility, members consent to being the subject of any photography, audio, or video recordings, which may take place while participating in programming and/or open recreation activities. Such photography and recordings may be used for LSU publications, webcasts, telecasts, advertising, and for any other additional promotional or marketing purpose as Louisiana State University may see fit. By entering a LSU UREC facility, members hereby waive all rights or claims to any financial compensation or payment of royalties in connection with any publications, webcasts, broadcasts, or exhibition of these materials. When/if your likeness or image is used in a publication, there will be no identifying information provided. If members do not wish to be photographed, please kindly inform our photographer or videographer.
- Tobacco, alcoholic beverages, loose chalk, and pets are not allowed in UREC facilities.
- University Recreation may not be used for solicitation, private classes, personal training, or any other activity associated with personal gain.
Student Code of Conduct
- All policies outlined in the Student Code of Conduct will be enforced.
- Children 15 years and under are not permitted in the Cardio, Weight, and Fitness Areas.
- Tops, bottoms, and shoes must be work must be worn in the Cardio, Weight, and Fitness area at all times.
- Shoes with a greater than one inch heel and/or lacking a heel strap are not permitted.
- Clothing with profanity or offensive language may not be worn during participation of programs or services offered by University Recreation.
Food & Beverages
- Food, tobacco products, or open beverage containers are prohibited.
- Spill resistant and shatter proof water bottles are permitted.
- No bags are allowed in any Cardio/Weight Room areas.
- Patrons should utilize the day lockers located throughout UREC, the day lockers in the locker rooms, or purchase a locker.
- Only UREC Personal Trainers are allowed to train clients.
- Please re-rack weights in proper place when finished.
- Dropping or slamming weights is prohibited.
- Free weights, such as dumbbells and weight plates, must stay in the weight room at all times.
- Please wipe down equipment after use. Pre-moistened towels are provided.
- Use of a spotters are highly recommended and collars on bars are required.
- Please ask the weight room staff if you would like assistance on how to use a piece of equipment.
- Report any damaged equipment, accidents, or misconduct to the weight room staff.
- Dependents are only allowed in activity areas if they are participating in that activity and as such, must have a valid UREC membership. All age restrictions will apply for use of an activity area.
- Dependents that are not participating in an activity must remain in the 1st floor lounge area and must be directly supervised (within reaching distance) by a parent or guardian at all times. As such, the dependent would not be required to hold a UREC membership or pay the guest fee.
- Only parents or legal guardians who are current members and are 18 years of age or older, may purchase a membership for their dependents.
- If currently enrolled in school, dependents up to the age of 24 are also eligible for membership.
- Members 17 years of age and under may not sponsor a guest.
- Members 17 years of age and under must have a participant agreement completed by a legal parent or guardian before entering the building and climbing area.
- Children 6 years of age and older are not allowed in opposite sex locker rooms.
- 16 or older
- May utilize the facility without a parent or guardian directly present.
- May access to all facility areas and programming.
- Guests 17 years of age and under must have a participation agreement completed by a legal parent or guardian before entering the building.
- May utilize the facility without a parent or guardian directly present.
- 6 to 15
- Parent or guardian must be present and remain in the same activity area as minor at all times.
- If using the pool area the parent or guardian must remain in reaching distance of the minor if child is under 3 foot 6 inches tall or if child requires a personal flotation device.
- Not permitted on the Fitness floor, in the Esports Room, or in Group X classes.
- Under 6
- Parent or guardian must be within reaching distance of a parent or guardian at all times.
- If using the pool area the parent or guardian must remain within reaching distance of the minor if child is under 3 foot 6 inches tall or if child requires a personal flotation device.
- Not permitted on the Fitness floor, in the Esports Room, in Group X classes or in Climbing Area.
- Children of different genders than parents or guardians should be changed in individual changing rooms instead of locker rooms. The parent or guardian must make every attempt to keep exposure of the child to a minimum.
Clothes, equipment, and other miscellaneous items are stored in the Equipment Room. ID cards can be turned in at a UREC Operations Desk and will be secured by the Student Supervisor on duty.
Parents of current LSU UREC student members are eligible to purchase a guest pass ($10) to use UREC facilities and programs, but student sponsor must be present*.
- The student and parent must check in at the UREC Operations Desk to purchase a guest pass.
- Student must be present for parents to purchase the passes.
- All rules and guidelines associated with the LSU UREC guest pass policy are applicable.
* Program use excludes Intramural Sports participation
By participating in or using any activities, programs, equipment or facilities available through LSU University Recreation participant/user hereby agrees to the following terms and conditions:
I understand and agree that there is a risk of serious injury to me while utilizing LSU UREC facilities, equipment, and programs and recognize every activity has a certain degree of risk, some more than others. By participating, I knowingly and voluntarily assume any and all risk of injuries, regardless of severity, which from time to time may occur as a result of my participation in athletic and other activities through LSU University Recreation.
I hereby certify I have adequate health insurance to cover any injury or damages that I may suffer while participating, or alternatively, agree to bear all costs associated with any such injury or damages myself.
I further certify that I am in good health and have no mental or physical condition or symptoms that could interfere with my safety or the safety of others while participating in any activity using any equipment or facilities of LSU University Recreation. I understand and agree that I alone am responsible to determine whether I am physically and mentally fit to participate, perform, or utilize the activities, programs, equipment or facilities available at Louisiana State University, and that I am not relying on any advice from LSU University Recreation in this regard. To the extent I have any questions or need any information about my physical or mental condition or limitations, I agree to seek professional advice from a qualified physician.
Further, I hereby RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS, the State of Louisiana, the Board of Supervisors of Louisiana State University and Agricultural and Mechanical College, and its respective members, officers, employees, student workers, student interns, volunteers, agents, representatives, institutions, and/or departments from any and all liability, claims, damages, costs, expenses, personal injuries, illnesses, death or loss of personal property resulting, in whole or in part, from my participation in, or use of, any facility, equipment, and/or programs of Louisiana State University.
By entering a LSU UREC facility, I consent to being the subject of any photography, audio, or video recordings, which may take place while I am participating in programming and/or open recreation activities. Such photography and recordings may be used for LSU publications, webcasts, telecasts, advertising, and for any other additional promotional or marketing purpose as Louisiana State University may see fit. By entering a LSU UREC facility, I hereby waive all rights or claims I may have to any financial compensation or payment of royalties in connection with any publications, webcasts, broadcasts, or exhibition of these materials. When/if my likeness or image is used in a publication, there will be no identifying information provided. If you do not wish to be photographed, please kindly inform our photographer or videographer.
Written notice must be submitted for all refunds. Notice to request membership cancellation should be submitted via the Membership Cancellation Form. All other refund requests should be submitted via the Refund Request Form.
UREC membership and program registration are paid in full at the time of purchase. All refunds require the approval of the LSU University Recreation Associate Director of Business Administration.
In most circumstances, a $10 administration fee will be deducted from the refund. However, a refund will be granted for program cancellations due to insufficient enrollment and a $10 administration fee will not be assessed.
Refunds may take up to 10 business days to process.
All UREC patrons are expected to be responsible, courteous, and safety conscious at all times. Disorderly conduct, abuse or misuse of the facility or its equipment, or disregard for policies will not be allowed. Violators will be required to leave the facility and may be subject to disciplinary action. Violators of UREC policies may also be suspended from using the facilities. Members who are suspended will not have any portion of their fees or membership refunded.
Visitors are considered anyone coming to UREC to either meet with a UREC staff member or to serve as a spectator during a UREC programmed activity. Visitors must check-in at the Operations Desk and the applicable staff member will be contacted to escort visitors to the appropriate meeting or UREC programmed activity in the facility.
Guests are considered anyone coming to UREC sponsored by a UREC member and have paid the guest fee. Guests have access to the UREC facility and must follow all policies the members are expected to follow.