Manship Weekly- September 14, 2015
This week in the Manship School
- 1913 Society Open House
- NCTA/AWM $3,500 Scholarships
- Upcoming Meetings for Organizations
- Apply to ImPRint Communications
- Washington Post Summer Internships
1913 Society Open House
Friday, Oct. 2 from 6-8 p.m. in the Holliday Forum
See attached flier for more information concerning this event.
Please RSVP by Sept. 28 to email@example.com or call (225)-578-1899
NCTA/AWM $3,500 Scholarships
Deadline to enter is Thursday, Sept. 24
The Alliance for Women in Media announces two $3500 scholarships. Applications require producing a concept for a digital piece, essay or other creative concept addressing one of three key areas: 1) identify the significance in today’s society of digital literacy and 21st century skills; 2) forecast trends in new and digital media as they may affect users and providers of services, or 3) review cable industry public policy viewpoints.
To find more information and submit your application: http://allwomeninmedia.org/node626
Upcoming Meeting Dates for Organizations
- AdFed will have a meeting Sept. 16 at 6:30 p.m. in the Holliday Forum.
- ABC will have a meeting Sept. 15 at 6 p.m. in the Curet Room.
- PRSSA will host “Tour de PRSSA” Sept. 24 at 6 p.m. in the Forum.
- ImPRint will have a meeting Sept. 17 at 6 p.m. in the Curet Room.
- SPCL will have a meeting Sept. 23 at 5:30 p.m. in 135 Journalism.
- Geaux Vote LSU will have a meeting Sept. 17 at 5:30 p.m. in 135 Journalism.
Join ImPRint Communications
Resume and cover letter are due by Sept. 14 by 5 p.m. to firstname.lastname@example.org
ImPRint Communications is accepting new members for the fall semester. Gain firsthand experience in public relations. Please email ImPRint at email@example.com to request an application.
Washington Post Summer Internships
The deadline to apply is Oct. 16 at http://intern.washpost.com
The Washington Post is accepting applications for their 2016 summer internship program. Applicants must be junior, senior or graduate students, and have interned in at least one professional news media job. Visit http://intern.washpost.com to apply and learn more.
The deadline for applying for for-credit internships for fall semester has now passed.
However, many employers continue to seek student workers, and internships for summer with fall deadlines are coming in already.
In your (ha, ha) spare time, peruse the internship database and think about internships for spring and summer…
Baton Rouge Employers Seeking Interns Now:
- Alzheimer’s Services—Baton Rouge. Pr. Unpaid.
- American Cancer Society—Baton Rouge. Pr. Unpaid
- BASF—Baton Rouge. Pr/pol comm. Paid.
- BlinkJar Media—Baton Rouge. Adv/mkt/pr. Paid
- Baton Rouge Zoo—Baton Rouge. Pr. Paid.
- Capital Area United Way—Baton Rouge. Communications/marketing. Paid
- CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates)—Baton Rouge. Communications/pr. stipend
- Center for Planning Excellence (CPEX)—Baton Rouge. Communications. Paid.
- Community Coffee—Baton Rouge. Communications. Paid.
- Country Roads Magazine—Baton Rouge—graphic design/mkt/ adv. Paid.
- Cox Communications—Baton Rouge. Government and public affairs/broadcast/digital. Paid.
- Gatorworks—Baton Rouge. Digital adv. Paid.
- Habitat for Humanity—Baton Rouge. Pr/Development/communications. Unpaid.
- Hatchit Design—Baton Rouge. Interactive design. Paid.
- Healthy BR (EBR government unit)—Baton Rouge. Pr/pol com. Unpaid.
- Hope Ministries—Baton Rouge. Pr./mkt/development. Paid.
- Jones Walker (Law firm)—Baton Rouge. Mkt. Paid.
- LA Coastal Protection and Restoration Authority—Baton Rouge (LSU AgCenter). Pr/mkt. Unpaid.
- LA Department of Transportation and Development—Baton Rouge. Pr/pol comm. Paid.
- Louisiana Dental Association—Baton Rouge. Pr/pol comm. Paid.
- Louisiana Housing Corporation—Baton Rouge. Pr. Paid
- Louisiana Radio Network—Baton Rouge. Radio journalism. Unpaid
- Louisiana Realtors—Baton Rouge. Pr/digital. Paid.
- Louisiana Workers Compensation Corporation—Baton Rouge. Pr/pol comm. paid
- Louisiana Workforce Commission—Baton Rouge. Pr/pol comm. Paid.
- LSU College of Engineering—Baton Rouge. Communications/pr. Paid
- LSU College of Human Sciences—Baton Rouge. Communications Intern. Paid
- LSU Athletic Department—Baton Rouge. Media production department—broadcast/digital. For fall and spring semesters. Unpaid. Also opportunities for paid freelance.
- LSU Innovation and Technology Commercialization—Baton Rouge. Pr/digital media/mkt. Paid.
- LSU Office of Strategic Communications—Baton Rouge. Policy communications; graphic design; video production; communications. Advertising/research. Unpaid.
- LSU School of the Coast and Environment/Center for Energy Studies—Baton Rouge. Pr. paid
- March of Dimes, Capital Area—Baton Rouge. Pr/mkt. unpaid
- Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center—Baton Rouge. Development/pr. Unpaid.
- New Schools for Baton Rouge—Baton Rouge. Communications/pr. Stipend
- ProSonus—Baton Rouge. Video production. Paid.
- Public Affairs Research (PAR)—Baton Rouge. 2 Policy research/pol comm; 1 development/communications. Paid.
- Tech Advocate Group—Baton Rouge. Adv/Pr/digital. Paid.
- Tiger Athletic Foundation—Baton Rouge. Development/pr. Paid.
Part-Time Student Jobs:
- LSU Office of Strategic Communications—Baton Rouge. policy communications; graphic design; video production; communications. Advertising/research. Unpaid.
- Jennifer Treadway for Treasurer Campaign—Baton Rouge. Pol com. Unpaid
- Dig Magazine—Baton Rouge. Mkt/social media. Unpaid
- Marsh Dog—Baton Rouge. Mkt/pr. Paid
- WBRZ Television Operations—Baton Rouge. Broadcast production. Paid.
- Baton Rouge Community College Athletic Department—Baton Rouge. Pr/mkt. paid
- Carpenter Health Network—Baton Rouge. Social media. Paid
- Reputation Capital Media—Baton Rouge. Communications/content marketing. Paid
- The Life of a Single Mom—Baton Rouge. Communications. Paid.
- Louisiana Kids Orchestra—Baton Rouge. Communications/special events/development. Paid. For fall.