Master of Science in CM
LSU Online inquiries: (225) 578-0726 • LSU Online Home Page
Questions? Ask an Online Program Specialist now!
The LSU Online professional version of the Master of Science in Construction Management has been developed by global academic leaders in construction education. It is intended for the military, industry professional or for those interested in a career change who are unable to attend traditional lectures and have access to the Internet. It is a professional practice-orientated advanced degree that offers a unique blend of 36 credit hours of construction management and business management courses. The degree is designed to develop leaders/managers for building projects with mastery in the best practices contained within sustainability, building information modeling, project delivery, and decision making. Those without a construction related baccalaureate degree may be required to complete leveling (foundation) CM courses prior to full admission into the program.
The Professional M.S. in Construction Management program was recently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best online engineering programs in the U.S.
- Ranked 16th overall
- Ranked 12th overall among public colleges and universities in the U.S.
- Ranked 1st for Faculty Credentials and Training
- Ranked 12th for Student Engagement
- Ranked 10th in engineering programs for veterans
This Professional path requires 36 credit hours of graduate studies. Hours are divided into required categories:
CORE CM Courses – 9 credit hours (3 required courses)
- CM 7030 Project Delivery
- CM 7150 Decision Making Tools for Construction Management
- CM 7010 Research Methods in Construction Management
CM Electives – 27 credit hours (9 courses) selected from the following list:
- CM 7110 Advanced Productivity
- CM 7111 Advanced Construction Scheduling
- CM 7214 Concrete Materials in Construction
- CM 7211 Construction Dispute Resolution
- CM 7213 Soils in Construction
- CM 7220 Building Information Modeling for CM
- CM 7230 Lean Construction
- CM 7250 Natural Hazard Resistant Construction
- CM 7302 Advanced Sustainable Construction
Courses will be developed in the future and offered as additional electives.