The School of Theatre Open House is an exciting opportunity for college-bound high school students to interact with LSU Theatre faculty and discover our programs in Performance, Design/Technology, Arts Administration, Physical Theatre, Film and Television, and Theatre Studies.
Guests may also choose to attend a pre-show reception and performance of the LSU Theatre performance of Our Town.
When: Saturday, February 23, 2019
Where: Music and Dramatic Arts Building, Louisiana State University Campus
For more information, please contact Josh Allred at 225-578-4174 or email@example.com.
Open House Schedule• 10:00a – Check in begins (MDA Lobby)
• 10:15a – 10:30a – Dean's welcome (Shaver Theatre)
• 10:30 – 12:00p – Design and Technology Workshop (TBD)
o Tara Houston, Assistant Professor of Scenic Design
• 12:00p – 1:00p – Lunch (MDA Lobby)
• 1:00p – 2:30p – Performance Workshop (Studio Theatre)
o Rick Holden, Associate Professor/Head of Undergraduate Performance
• 2:30p – 3:00p – Student Forum/Parent Forum (Studio Theatre/Shaver Theatre)
• 3:15p – 4:15p – Performance/Portfolio Evaluations - Opportunity for attendees to receive valuable feedback on their work from SOT faculty.
▪ Performance - Prepare a 90-second contemporary or classical monologue. (135 MDA)
▪ Design/Tech or Arts Administration - Please bring a physical copy of your resume and/or portfolio. Please be prepared to discuss your previous experience and/or
interest in continued study in the area. (103 MDA)
▪ Film/TV - please bring a resume and 90-second reel as a Quicktime file on a USB flash drive. Be prepared to discuss the selected body of work. (181 MDA)
• 4:15p – Dinner on your own, a list of restaurants will be provided
• 7:30p – performance of Our Town (Shaver Theatre)