Undergraduate Minor in Digital Studies
The minor in Digital Studies will benefit students in any major who wish to broaden their perspectives on the rapidly changing information environment and develop skills in information processing, analysis and management. This minor provides marketable employment potential by providing tangible fundamental skills in database design, web analytics, website design and organization, and information organization and representation.
Students interested in declaring the minor should consult with their academic advisor.
Students are required to complete the following courses:
Three Required Courses:
- LIS 2000 Introduction to Information & Society (Social Science General Education) (Every fall)
- LIS 2003 Information & Internet Environments (Every spring)
- LIS 3510 Foundations of Digital Information Organization (Every other spring)
- LIS 4511 Information Architecture (Every fall)
- LIS 4513 Information Techniques for Social Media (Every other spring)
- LIS 4900 Special Topics in Library and Information Science (varies)
This is an entirely online minor.
Dr. Boryung Ju