LSU Career Expo
LSU's largest recruiting event, drawing hundreds of recruiters and over 2,700 students and alumni. There are opportunities for students in all fields and at all levels to network with professionals, learn about career options and graduate and professional programs, find out about open jobs, and explore their intended career fields.
This is a one-day event in the spring, lasting from 11:00 am - 4:00 p.m.
Date: February 13, 2019
Time: 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Location: Pete Maravich Assembly Center (PMAC)
Contact: LSU Olinde Career Center
This event is for current students of LSU System campuses and alumni from the Baton Rouge campus.
To view registered employers, login to Handshake online or through the Handshake Jobs & Careers App, click the Events tab, and click the fair you would like to view. Here is a support article to walk you through this process.
Student Expo preparation:
Students are encouraged to come dressed in business casual attire, and to bring updated résumés. Need help with editing your résumé? Tips on creating a strong résumé can be found here. Also consider scheduling a Résumé Review appointment in Handshake, or stop by during Walk-In Hours from 1:30 - 3:30 p.m. Monday through Fridays in the Fall semester. You are also able to submit your résumé in Handshake to be reviewed by our team with 2-3 business days.
We offer the opportunity for students and alumni to have a free, professional headshot taken during Career Expo. Please plan to dress professionally for this oppotunity. Photos are edited professionally and returned to students via email.
Thank you to our spring 2019 event sponsors:
Registration will open close to Thanksgiving. Employers will register via Handshake. Please note that Employers who register three weeks prior to the event (Wednesday, January 30) will NOT be featured on the Expo handout, as we will have already submitted these items to be printed.
- Log into Handshake. Not a Handshake user? Click here to learn more and create your free account today!
- Select the "Fairs" tab on the left navigation menu
- Search for this event by entering "Louisiana State University" in the search bar. All LSU open event registrations will appear for you to browse. Select the event you would like to register for and proceed with the registration form.
- Please note: Payment instructions will be sent to you via email within one week of your registration submission. Questions? Contact Amy Pogue, Event Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Business Entity Registration Fee:
- Early Bird Registration - December 03-December 28: $600.00
- Standard Registration Fee - January 21-February 01: $675.00
- Non-Profit/Governement Entity Registration Fee:
- Early Bird Registration - December 03-December 28: $300.00
- Standard Registration Fee January 21-February 01: $375.00
- Louisiana State University Entity Registration Fee: $200.00
Download the Event Refund Cancelation and Weather Policy here.
Event sponsorship is a great way to build your brand recognition with our students before and during the event! You can select Event Sponsorship during when completing the registration form.
Benefits of sponsorship:
- Prime placement at the event.
- Name and/or logo included in ads run by the LSU Olinde Career Center two weeks prior to the event, on event web pages for both students and employers, and in e-newsletters sent to all students.
- Recognition at the event by the speaker delivering welcome address.
- Name and/or logo highlighted on event signage and in event handout.
Shipping Dates: January 21st – Feb 1st
Unfortunately, we are not unable to accept anything over 150 pounds. No freight deliveries will be accepted.
BEFORE the event
Display materials may be shipped to our office prior to the event. If packages are shipped after the deadline, there is no guarantee materials will be at the reserved table when recruiters arrive.
Send all packages to the following shipping address:
LSU Olinde Career Center
Attention: Career Expo Materials for (Your Company Name Here)
101 LSU Student Union
LSU Box 25500
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
Please make sure that the name of your business/agency is clearly indicated on packaging so your display materials can be placed at your booth prior to your arrival.
AFTER the event
We will pre-arrange package pick-up by FedEx Ground and UPS Ground. A special area will be designated for dropping off your materials at the end of the day. Please remember to bring account numbers, shipping slips, and any other pertinent information you will need. The LSU Olinde Career Center cannot guarantee pick-up and is not responsible if materials are not shipped on time or do not arrive to the next destination by the requested date.
If you would like to ship your display materials using any other means, please make arrangements to have your materials picked up at the end of the event.
Pick-up address for private courier ONLY - packages will not be delivered and/or accepted if shipped to this address in advance:
Event location: Pete Maravich Assembly Center (PMAC)
N. Stadium Road
Baton Rouge, LA 70803