LSU Career Expo
Career Expo is largest recruiting event, drawing over 200 employers from across the country each semester, and over 1,500 students and alumni in spring and over 2,300 in fall. Students and alumni of all majors and classifications network with professionals to learn more about career options, graduate and professional programs, find out about open jobs, and explore their intended career fields.
Event sponsorship offers employers increased promotion of their organization to students before and during the event. Learn about becoming a Fall 2019 Event Sponsor below.
Day 1 - September 10, 2019 (STEM Focused)
Day 2 - September 11, 2019 (Business & Liberal Arts Focused)
Time: 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Location: Pete Maravich Assembly Center (PMAC)
Contact: LSU Olinde Career Center
Student & Alumni Information
This event is for current students of LSU System campuses and alumni from the Baton Rouge campus.
To view registered employers, login to Handshake online or through the Handshake Jobs & Careers App, click the Events tab, and click the fair you would like to view. Here is a support article to walk you through this process .
Student Expo Preparation
Students are encouraged to come dressed in business casual attire, and to bring updated résumés. Need help with editing your résumé? Here are tips on creating a strong résumé. Also consider scheduling a Résumé Review appointment in Handshake, or stop by during Walk-In Hours from 1:30 - 3:30 p.m. Monday through Fridays in the Spring semester. You are also able to submit your résumé in Handshake to be reviewed by our team with 2-3 business days.
Fall Date TBD: Professional Prep Workshop
- Students will have their résumé reviewed, practice their elevator pitch on recent alumni, and take a professional head-shot all in a consequence-free environment. Attendees are encouraged (but not required) to bring a résumé and wear business professional attire for the head-shot.
Fall Date TBD: Geaux Get Hired Workshop
- Put your best foot forward at Expo with this workshop focused on résumés, your elevator pitch, and how to work the Expo!
Fall Date TBD: Expo Prep Workshop
- Get tips on how to make the most of Expo, including tips on networking and your elevator pitch using this template.
Fall Date TBD: Résumé Workshop
- Bring your laptop to this workshop to create/edit your résumé on the spot! Download the résumé template here.
Fall Date TBD: Expo Walk In Hours
- 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. in 158 LSU Student Union (across from the ATMs).
We offer the opportunity for students and alumni to have a free, professional head-shot taken during Career Expo days. Please plan to dress professionally for this opportunity. Photos are edited professionally and returned to students via email.
Spring 2019 Shuttle Details Below - TBD for Fall 2019
Student Government is providing a free shuttle to and from Expo for students! The shuttle will run counter-clockwise on the route seen on the map below. It will begin running at 10:30 a.m. and it’s last route will begin at 3:30 p.m.
Yellow starson the map below represent pick up locations along the red route. These pickup locations include:
- On South Quad Drive in front of the College of Business Rotunda
- On Engineering Lane near the North side of Patrick F. Taylor Hall
- On South Campus Drive between the Life Sciences Building and Student Union
- On North Stadium Road in front of the PMAC
Registration will open on May 28, 2019.
Please note that Registrations received after Sept. 2 will not be included in the student handout due to print deadlines.
- Beginning May 28, log into Handshake. Not a Handshake user? Create your free account today!
- Select the "Fairs" tab on the left navigation menu
- Search for this event by entering "Louisiana State University" in the search bar. All LSU open event registrations will appear for you to browse. Select the event you would like to register for and proceed with the registration form.
- Please note: Payment instructions will be sent to you via email within one week of your registration submission. Questions? Contact Amy Pogue, Event Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Business Entity Registration Fee:
- Early Bird Registration - May 28 - July 5: $600.00
- Standard Registration Fee - After July 5: $675.00
- Non-Profit/Government Entity Registration Fee:
- Early Bird Registration - May 28 - July 5: $300.00
- Standard Registration Fee - After July 5: $375.00
- Louisiana State University Entity Registration Fee: $200.00
Event sponsorship is a great way to build your brand recognition with our students before and during the event! You can select Event Sponsorship during when completing the registration form.
Benefits of sponsorship:
- Prime placement at the event.
- Name and/or logo included in ads run by the LSU Olinde Career Center two weeks prior to the event, on event web pages for both students and employers, and in e-newsletters sent to all students.
- Recognition at the event by the speaker delivering welcome address.
- Name and/or logo highlighted on event signage and in event handout.
Shipping Dates: August 19 - September 3
Unfortunately, we are not unable to accept anything over 150 pounds. No freight deliveries will be accepted.
BEFORE the event
Display materials may be shipped to our office prior to the event. If packages are shipped after the deadline, there is no guarantee materials will be at the reserved table when recruiters arrive.
Send all packages to the following shipping address:
Two Men And A Truck
Attn: Meagan Haught
LSU Career Expo Materials for (Your Company Name Here)
11818 South Harrell's Ferry Road
Baton Rouge, LA 70816
Please make sure that the name of your business/agency is clearly indicated on packaging so your display materials can be placed at your booth prior to your arrival.
AFTER the event
We will pre-arrange package pick-up by FedEx Ground and UPS Ground. A special area will be designated for dropping off your materials at the end of the day. Please remember to bring account numbers, shipping slips, and any other pertinent information you will need. The LSU Olinde Career Center cannot guarantee pick-up and is not responsible if materials are not shipped on time or do not arrive to the next destination by the requested date.
If you would like to ship your display materials using any other means, please make arrangements to have your materials picked up at the end of the event.