Summer Jobs Fair
The Summer Jobs Fair connects students seeking summer employment, part-time jobs or volunteer experience with representatives from camps, resorts and other businesses. Positions available for Summer 2018.
Thank you to our spring 2019 event sponsors!
When and Where is this Event?
Date: February 26, 2019
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Location: Tower Drive
The event will be held outside, please plan accordingly for any type of weather conditions. In case of rain, the event will be hosted inside the Student Union.
Click here for a visual tutorial from Handshake on how to view employers who are attending an upcoming career fair.
Get the most out of the Summer Jobs Fair
- Though it is not a must, it is nice to bring your résumé to share with employers.
- Before the fair, visit Careers2Geaux to see which camps, agencies and businesses are coming and what they are looking for so you will know exactly which organizations you want to visit with at the event.
- When you arrive, take a few minutes to review the map and directory that you receive at check-in.
- Introduce yourself to the employers that interest you.
- Ask the representative for his/her contact information.
- Ask the representative about the next steps for being considered for a job, and take notes on the response
Pop up banners/ signs larger than 6ft table are not permitted at the event. Table signage no bigger than 6ft, personalized linens, and giveaways are acceptable.
- Log into Handshake. Not a Handshake user? Click here to learn more and create your free account today!
- Select the "Fairs" tab on the left navigation menu
- Search for this event by entering "Louisiana State University" in the search bar. All LSU open event registrations will appear for you to browse.
- Select the event you would like to register for and proceed with the registration form. Please note: Payment instructions will be sent to you via email within one week of your registration submission. Questions? Contact Amy Pogue, Event Coordinator, at email@example.com.
- Recruiter Check In: 9:00 a.m.
- Networking: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Event registration is free. Parking will be self-pay in parking garage near the LSU Student Union. More information will be included in your event registration packet once you are a registered attendee.
$50 No Show Fee:
If the company fails to send a representative to the the career fair without a notifying the career center before the event, a $50.00 will be issued to the company after the career fair.
Become an event sponsor for $250. You can sign-up to be an event sponsor during the registration process.
Benefits of sponsorship
- Prime placement at the event
- Name and/or logo included on the event web pages for both the student and employer side, in Handshake, and in e-newsletters sent out to all students
- Name and/or logo highlighted on event signage and on the event handout.
Download the Event Refund Cancelation and Weather Policy here.