Provost's Fund: Research & Creative Activity Support
The Provost’s Fund for Innovation in Research has established the Research & Creative
Activity Support Fund for faculty in Arts, Humanities, Social and Behavioral Science
disciplines to engage in scholarly research and creative activities.
Note: This fund replaces the Arts/Humanities and Summer Stipend Awards.
Scope and Funding
- Maximum award: $7,500. (Note: this is an increase from $3,000 and $6,000 previously available through the Arts/Humanities and Summer Stipend Awards.)
- All expenses must follow university guidelines.
- Graduate student support is not allowed.
- Funds cannot be used as matching funds for externally funded projects.
- Multi-year projects are not eligible.
Faculty whose discipline falls within the definitions of arts or humanities are eligible to apply. This includes faculty in the following colleges:
- Art & Design
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Human Sciences & Education
- Mass Communication
- Music & Dramatic Arts
- Textiles, Apparel Design & Merchandising
Faculty who hold a current LSU Faculty Research Grant or who hold endowed professorships are not eligible to apply.
- Fall Awards Apply by October 15
- Spring Awards Apply by December 15
Applications & Guidelines
Applications should be submitted through the LSU Internal Grants & Competition Portal.