Student Worker Application
Student Worker for the Office of LSU Risk Management
The Office of Risk Management is responsible for administering the University's risk management and insurance programs. This includes insurance and self-retained financing covering property, liability risks, and workers compensation. Our mission is to minimize the risk of financial loss to the University through identification and analysis of risk, implementation of loss control programs and contractual transfer or other risk reduction or financing techniques.
Nature of Work
The work involves general office (including lifting/moving of items up to 30 pounds), administrative, operational, analytical, coordination, and research duties supporting the management of the University’s risk data, insurance program, and policy development.
- LSU student pursuing a Business Administration, Management, Finance, Accounting, Public Administration, or related degree. Other degrees will be considered, but preference remains with those previously mentioned.
- Experience working in an office environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
Additional Qualifications Desired
- Experience with office productive software applications including word processing, spreadsheets, database management systems, and other technology used in support of financial analysis.
- Proficient in spoken and written communications.
- At least 2 Years remaining in degree program.
This is a 9-month appointment (August 2019-May 2020), with the additional option of summer employment. As a full-time LSU student, you will be allowed to work a maximum of 20 hours per week when school in session and up to 40 hours per week when school is not in session. To apply please complete the form below and attach your resume. If any assistance is needed in completing the below form, please contact the LSU Office of Risk Management at 225-578-3283 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
All persons in Risk Management are expected to conduct themselves in a courteous and professional manner, to carry out their duties in a manner consistent with their position, and to adhere to the policies and procedures of Louisiana State University and Finance & Administrative Services.