- Congratulations! Undergraduate Nutsinee Kijbunchoo, graduate student Thomas Abbott, working with Prof. Gabriela González were awarded best experimental student poster at the meeting of the LIGO Scientific Collaboration in Stanford.
- Congratulations to Kaushik Seshadreesan who was selected to receive the LSU Graduate School Dissertation Year Fellowship for Fall 2014/Spring 2015! Kaushik is a graduate student in the Quantum Science and Technology Group jointly advised by Jonathan Dowling,Hwang Lee, and Mark Wilde.
- Congratulations to Gabriela González, who has been appointed chair of the committee that will select the winner of the prestigious Einstein Prize of the American Physical Society (APS)!
- Congratulations to Jeffery Blackmon, who has been named a winner of the 2013-2014 LSU Alumni Association Faculty Excellence Award!
- Congratulations to Ward Plummer on his election to the American Academy of Arts and Sciences!
- Congratulations to Aaron Grocholski, who has been named a winner of a 2013-2014 Tiger Athletic Foundation Undergraduate Teaching Award!
- Congratulations to the winners of awards at the Annual Physics & Astronomy Awards
- Undergraduate Research Award: Andrew Olivier
- Department Service Award: Hannah Gardiner and Collin Hawkins
- Outstanding Teaching Assistant: David Heins, Paul Maggi, and William Donahue
- Joseph Callaway Memorial Award: Christopher Johnson
- Gregg Hussey Scholarship for Excellence Award: Andrew Olivier
- Keen-Morris Prize: Melanie Carroll and Hannah Gardiner. Melanie and Hannah were also honored at the College of Science Choppin Honors Convocation, where Melanie also received a Dean's Award and College Honors.
- Congratulations! David Young has received the LSU Alumni Professorship.
- Congratulations! Mark Wilde has received an NSF CAREER award for his proposal "Theoretical and practical aspects of quantum communication"
- Congratulations! Mette Gaarde has been elected as 2014 Chair-Elect and 2015 Chair of the APS national organizing committee for the Conference on Undergraduate Women in Physics (CUWIP).
- Ball Professor Emeritus Arlo Landolt and 1989 Physics & Astronomy alumnus Keith Comeaux have been named to the LSU College of Science Hall of Distinction.