Visitor Rules | LSU Hilltop Arboretum
Hurricane Ida Update - grounds are open with limited access.
- Office and gift shop are open for normal operating hours.
- Pavilion, courtyard, library and auditorium are available.
- Some areas are restricted due to downed trees.
- The first footbridge and paths around the pond are clear.
- Some of the meadow walking paths are open, others are blocked.
Grounds open to the public to enjoy the landscape and unique plant collection
- Daily, dawn to dusk
- No unauthorized activities
- Public restrooms are open during Office Hours
Office, Nursery & Gift Shop Hours
- Tuesday – Friday, 9:00am-4:30pm
To protect our 14-acre site
- No smoking
- No littering
- No loitering
- No alcoholic beverages
- Do not damage or deface any feature
- Do not injure, disturb, damage any animal
- Do not injure, disturb, damage or deface any plant
Dogs are Welcome
- Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times
- Animal waste must be picked up and removed from site
- Dogs are not allowed to swim in the pond
The following are not allowed:
- Bicycles (Motorized & Non-Motorized)
- 4 Wheelers
- Golf Carts
- Skate Boards
- Roller Blades
- Roller Skates
- Required to register with the office staff
- Pay $40 hourly rate in advance of a booked photo shoot
- Please see our Photography Policy