LMOGA/Robert R. Brooksher Memorial Scholarship
The Center for Energy Studies (CES) at Louisiana State University is pleased to announce the 2020-2021 call for the LMOGA/Robert R. Brooksher Memorial Scholarship. This scholarship was established to honor one of the original supporters of CES. The purpose of the scholarship is to support the educational goals of LSU students interested in energy-related fields, with a particular emphasis on energy policy related to the oil and gas industry. The annual scholarship is awarded in the amount of $1,000.
The award will be announced at the end of the Spring 2020 semester, for the 2020-2021 school year.
The scholarship will be awarded annually to a student who will be a full-time junior or senior during the upcoming fall semester, with a GPA of 3.5 or higher. Graduating seniors are not eligible. While the award will preference students interested in oil and gas-related energy policy, students from a variety of backgrounds are encouraged to apply, provided they are able to show past and/or current dedication to energy-related research and/or coursework.
Application & Essay Requirements
Full and complete applications, including intent essay, must be submitted by Tuesday, March 31, 2020. Each applicant is required to submit an essay of no more than one single-spaced page of type expressing his or her educational and career goals as they relate to energy and/or energy policy, with a particular emphasis on the oil and gas sector of the industry.
Eligibility and Evaluation Criteria
- Must be U.S. citizen or a foreign national with permanent residency.
- GPA/academic achievement.
- Essay: Quality of content and writing and interest in energy and energy policy related to the oil and gas industry.
- Extracurricular activities related to or demonstrating past and ongoing interest in energy-related areas.
- Recipient will agree to provide name, résumé and contact information, and agree that the essay submission will be made available to the public.
- Recipient will be required to attend at least one CES Industry Associates Advisory Council meeting in Baton Rouge, La., on the LSU campus in order to be introduced as the Brooksher Scholarship recipient.
- Recipient will attempt to attend at least one other CES event, such as a conference or special speakers seminar.
Required Application Information
Please send an email to the Center at email@example.com with the following information:
- Email subject: LMOGA/Robert R. Brooksher Scholarship
- Zip Code
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
- LSU ID Number
- Classification (Sophomore, Junior, Senior)
- Minor or Concentration
- Energy Related Research
- Energy Related Work Experience
- Attach an Essay of no more than one single-spaced page of type expressing your educational and career goals as they relate to the energy industry, with a particular emphasis on energy policy related to the oil and gas industry. It should be formatted as a Microsoft Word or PDF document.
- Consent: By submitting this information, I authorize that all information provided
on this application, including any and all personal and academic data may be shared
with the CES scholarship committee and the scholarship's sponsor for review. If awarded
the scholarship, I acknowledge that all of the above referenced data may be included
in public announcements of the award. Your data will be securely retained indefinitely.
To learn more about privacy at LSU, please see the LSU Privacy Statement.