Gulf Coast Energy Outlook 2024
Free Zoom Webinar
Wednesday, November 15, 2023
10 a.m. – 11 a.m. CST
On November 15, 2023, the LSU Center for Energy Studies will release the 2024 edition of the Gulf Coast Energy Outlook (GCEO) with a Zoom webinar presentation. As in previous years, this seventh edition of the GCEO will provide a comprehensive overview of the Gulf Coast region’s energy industry outlook for the upcoming year. Center for Energy Studies Interim Executive Director Greg Upton, Professor Emeritus David E. Dismukes, and Research Fellow Gregory Albrecht author the report.
Last year’s GCEO addressed implications of the Russo-Ukrainian war on global energy markets and energy security, along with the impacts of decarbonization policies and the Inflation Reduction Act on corporate strategies.
The 2024 GCEO asks:
- Is a recession still on the horizon, or will the economy experience a “soft landing”?
- What are some risks and opportunities of Gulf Coast industrial decarbonization efforts?
- How has Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and resulting sanctions impacted global energy supply and demand?
- How might federal supply-restrictive policies impact companies and consumers?
- What is the outlook for employment in oil and gas extraction and refining and chemicals in Louisiana and Texas?
The webinar is free, but registration is required.
We thank our Sustaining Members for their continued support.