LSU CxC Studio team members are skilled communicators, enthusiastic experimenters, and passionate supporters of their fellow LSU undergraduates. As peer mentors and coaches, they support other students in developing strong communication skills needed to achieve personal, academic, and professional goals.
LSU CxC Studio Mentors commit to:
- enhancing their own communication skills across communication modes, settings and contexts;
- providing personalized communication skills development and support to LSU undergraduates;
- championing CxC Studios as high-quality educational resources for LSU undergraduates of all majors; and
- supporting communication-focused community collaborations and experiential learning projects such TEDxLSU, WikiEDU, LSU Experimental Podcast, and more.
- Develop, deliver, and support communication skills workshops, small group and one-on-one coaching sessions, how-to audio/video guides and infographics, etc.
- Learn and provide technical assistance for various technologies and software programs, such as Adobe products, iMovie, 3D printers and scanners, etc.
- Manage check-outs, tracking, inventory, and scheduled maintenance of AV equipment.
- Cultivate and sustain a collaborative, inclusive, and friendly studio atmosphere for all visitors.
- Perform all duties with professionalism, initiative, a positive attitude, and strong customer service focus.
Eligible candidates must be enrolled full-time at LSU and be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the University. CxC studio team members earn an hourly wage and are expected to work a minimum of 8 hours per week.
Interested? Apply below. We review applications as positions become available.